The president and the Democrats clearly won the tax-the-rich election and the Republicans lost defending the top 1 percent even with them pouring billions of untraceable money into the election.
Republicans could be smart and take this opportunity to embrace the ideas of helping the poor, middle class and the rest of the 99 percent of America and get rid of their reputation of being crazy and sold out to Wall Street. If Republicans, for example, were to embrace reality and start acting like reasonable people, they could cut into the Democratic base and do better in future elections.
I encourage them to do so. I'd rather vote for the party that accomplishes the most, rather than the party that scares me the least.
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on...
- Drew Clark: Can the Supreme Court find...
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified rhetoric
- Letter: We can do better
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: We can't help...
- In our opinion: Navajo Nation looks to combat...
- John Florez: Teach our children the love of...
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling amid...
- Richard Davis: A historic moment for... 60
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling... 59
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 34
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts... 25
- Letter: We can do better 25
- Letter: Pledge for respect 24
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800... 22
- Letter: Make healthy choices 13