The president and the Democrats clearly won the tax-the-rich election and the Republicans lost defending the top 1 percent even with them pouring billions of untraceable money into the election.
Republicans could be smart and take this opportunity to embrace the ideas of helping the poor, middle class and the rest of the 99 percent of America and get rid of their reputation of being crazy and sold out to Wall Street. If Republicans, for example, were to embrace reality and start acting like reasonable people, they could cut into the Democratic base and do better in future elections.
I encourage them to do so. I'd rather vote for the party that accomplishes the most, rather than the party that scares me the least.
- Dan Liljenquist: Chaffetz's search for truth...
- Matthew Sanders: Imploding trust in America's...
- In our opinion: Frances B. Monson's...
- Michael Gerson: As government's ambitions...
- What others say: Assault on core values
- Letters: Deception and government
- Letters: Paycheck Fairness Act
- My view: Climate argument is shortsighted