The president and the Democrats clearly won the tax-the-rich election and the Republicans lost defending the top 1 percent even with them pouring billions of untraceable money into the election.
Republicans could be smart and take this opportunity to embrace the ideas of helping the poor, middle class and the rest of the 99 percent of America and get rid of their reputation of being crazy and sold out to Wall Street. If Republicans, for example, were to embrace reality and start acting like reasonable people, they could cut into the Democratic base and do better in future elections.
I encourage them to do so. I'd rather vote for the party that accomplishes the most, rather than the party that scares me the least.
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on Mexican...
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's proposed...
- Letter: More Lehi gridlock?
- Letter: Draper real estate
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- Five principles to help guide public... 111
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's... 78
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 65
- Letter: Human body 41
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 34
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 32
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 26
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 18