The president and the Democrats clearly won the tax-the-rich election and the Republicans lost defending the top 1 percent even with them pouring billions of untraceable money into the election.
Republicans could be smart and take this opportunity to embrace the ideas of helping the poor, middle class and the rest of the 99 percent of America and get rid of their reputation of being crazy and sold out to Wall Street. If Republicans, for example, were to embrace reality and start acting like reasonable people, they could cut into the Democratic base and do better in future elections.
I encourage them to do so. I'd rather vote for the party that accomplishes the most, rather than the party that scares me the least.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- Rely on invisible hand?
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 29
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23