The president and the Democrats clearly won the tax-the-rich election and the Republicans lost defending the top 1 percent even with them pouring billions of untraceable money into the election.
Republicans could be smart and take this opportunity to embrace the ideas of helping the poor, middle class and the rest of the 99 percent of America and get rid of their reputation of being crazy and sold out to Wall Street. If Republicans, for example, were to embrace reality and start acting like reasonable people, they could cut into the Democratic base and do better in future elections.
I encourage them to do so. I'd rather vote for the party that accomplishes the most, rather than the party that scares me the least.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- My view: Deeper look at Utah’s...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Letter: Give her time
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 75
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 36
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 29