Detroit Lions' Jerome Harrison describes God's miracle after overcoming brain tumor
Our take: Running back Jerome Herrison was diagnosed with a brain tumor in 2011, which put his life plans on hold. Looking back at his ordeal, Harrison now says he sees it as God's miracle and as an answer to his prayers.
Jerome Harrison was a running back for the Detroit Lions in 2011, with plans of rejoining the Philadelphia Eagles. However, his life took a major detour when he was diagnosed with a brain tumor, and his prior ambitions were quickly put on hold.
After undergoing surgery, tackling complications and fighting depression, Harrison is now recovering from his tumor removal procedure and is beginning to recognize God's hand in his ordeal.
In a recent MLive.com report, Harrison has described what he felt when a doctor told him that he had a growth behind one of his eyes.
"The first thing I said was, 'Am I going to die?' He started laughing and said I had some swelling behind my eye. I'm thinking the only thing behind my eye is my brain. He showed me the picture of the CAT scan," the athlete recalled. "He was like, 'Do you see that big white thing?' That's not supposed to be there."
Read more about Jerome Harrison Describes God's Miracle After Overcoming Brain T on The Christian Post.
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Changing fields: Returned missionary college...
- LDS pitcher Matthew Neil asked for a trial...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 111
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 70
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on... 46
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 35
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- California orders churches, others to... 17
- Defending the Faith: Some things are... 16
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin... 14