Chris Carlson, ASSOCIATED PRESS
It would appear from the results of the presidential election that the takers now outnumber the makers in this country. Benjamin Franklin said it more than 200 years ago: "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Government programs...
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 47
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 40
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 30
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Letter: No limits 20