Uncredited, ASSOCIATED PRESS
As the weather is getting colder, people are bringing their old jackets and coats out from the back of the closet. You may have begun to notice the fur-trimmed coats, leather jackets and the oh-so-popular Ugg boots.
Our own skin cannot keep us warm enough anymore. So what do we do? We grab someone else's skin to give us the extra warmth we need.
Wearing leather, fur and other animals' skins is murder. Some people do not put two and two together and others just do not care. Every year, more than one billion animals are killed for the trade. Castrating, dehorning, suffocating, abuse, poison, electrocution and being skinned alive are just a handful of the pains these animals go through. But all we care about is the dipping, dyeing and shipping of these deceased animals' skins to our front doors.
So rather than take a few lives this year, save them. Wear your own skin.
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- This year's most popular editorials
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report didn't...
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Letter: Condoning torture
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 65
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report... 51
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- Letter: Condoning torture 39
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 27
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —... 26