Uncredited, ASSOCIATED PRESS
As the weather is getting colder, people are bringing their old jackets and coats out from the back of the closet. You may have begun to notice the fur-trimmed coats, leather jackets and the oh-so-popular Ugg boots.
Our own skin cannot keep us warm enough anymore. So what do we do? We grab someone else's skin to give us the extra warmth we need.
Wearing leather, fur and other animals' skins is murder. Some people do not put two and two together and others just do not care. Every year, more than one billion animals are killed for the trade. Castrating, dehorning, suffocating, abuse, poison, electrocution and being skinned alive are just a handful of the pains these animals go through. But all we care about is the dipping, dyeing and shipping of these deceased animals' skins to our front doors.
So rather than take a few lives this year, save them. Wear your own skin.
- My view: UDOT listened, made a good choice
- Letters: Move to the center
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should keep up...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- In our opinion: Susan Cox Powell's case is...
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- Timothy R. Clark: Real job creation requires...
- Comprehensive immigration reform or bust
- Letters: No welfare, ever 76
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Letters: Move to the center 32
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 31
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 27
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 27
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21
- Letters: The buck stops here 19