1 bunch green onions, bottoms and tops, finely chopped
1/2 cup celery (or more), finely chopped
1 pound low-fat sausage, cooked, crumbled, drained and blotted
1 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
1/4 cup canola or light olive oil
4 cups fat-free chicken or turkey broth (approximately)
1. Spray a 9-by-13-inch pan with nonstick baking spray and set aside. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the biscuits (or bread), cornbread, green onions, celery, sausage, sage, salt and pepper. Combine the egg substitute and oil, and pour over the cornbread mixture. Add the broth until you reach the consistency you like, then pour into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour.
Each serving contains approximately: Original Recipe: 435 calories; 28 gm fat; 96 mg cholesterol; 1,071 mg sodium; 34 gm carbohydrates; 11 gm protein; 1 gm fiber. Revised Recipe: 215 calories; 9 gm fat; 26 mg cholesterol; 558 mg sodium; 23 gm carbohydrates; 8 gm protein; 3 gm fiber.
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for family...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- 'Sound of Music' alive for 18.5 million viewers
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound of...
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- Netflix has a different take on modern...
- Tabernacle hosts annual LDS Latino Christmas...
- The Killers collaborates with Owen Wilson and...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 15
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound... 12
- 'Sound of Music' alive for 18.5 million... 9
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for... 8
- The Killers collaborates with Owen... 7
- Saving Africa? New book casts harsh... 6
- Faith sustained author through... 5
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the... 5