1 bunch green onions, bottoms and tops, finely chopped
1/2 cup celery (or more), finely chopped
1 pound low-fat sausage, cooked, crumbled, drained and blotted
1 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
1/4 cup canola or light olive oil
4 cups fat-free chicken or turkey broth (approximately)
1. Spray a 9-by-13-inch pan with nonstick baking spray and set aside. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the biscuits (or bread), cornbread, green onions, celery, sausage, sage, salt and pepper. Combine the egg substitute and oil, and pour over the cornbread mixture. Add the broth until you reach the consistency you like, then pour into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour.
Each serving contains approximately: Original Recipe: 435 calories; 28 gm fat; 96 mg cholesterol; 1,071 mg sodium; 34 gm carbohydrates; 11 gm protein; 1 gm fiber. Revised Recipe: 215 calories; 9 gm fat; 26 mg cholesterol; 558 mg sodium; 23 gm carbohydrates; 8 gm protein; 3 gm fiber.
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- First look at modernized 'Annie' produced by...
- Dancing for Food: Dance event raises $40K for...
- Kids are still reading 'Calvin and Hobbes'
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Brandon Mull's new 'Sky Raiders' shares...
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 60
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are... 11
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- Kids are still reading 'Calvin and Hobbes' 6
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance... 5
- Tony-winning singer, actress Kristin... 1
- PBS science correspondent Miles O'Brien... 1