1 bunch green onions, bottoms and tops, finely chopped
1/2 cup celery (or more), finely chopped
1 pound low-fat sausage, cooked, crumbled, drained and blotted
1 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
1/4 cup canola or light olive oil
4 cups fat-free chicken or turkey broth (approximately)
1. Spray a 9-by-13-inch pan with nonstick baking spray and set aside. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the biscuits (or bread), cornbread, green onions, celery, sausage, sage, salt and pepper. Combine the egg substitute and oil, and pour over the cornbread mixture. Add the broth until you reach the consistency you like, then pour into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour.
Each serving contains approximately: Original Recipe: 435 calories; 28 gm fat; 96 mg cholesterol; 1,071 mg sodium; 34 gm carbohydrates; 11 gm protein; 1 gm fiber. Revised Recipe: 215 calories; 9 gm fat; 26 mg cholesterol; 558 mg sodium; 23 gm carbohydrates; 8 gm protein; 3 gm fiber.
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave' image of...
- Disney's 'Brave' makeover sparks fury from...
- A crash course in 'Star Trek' for non-Trekkies
- Doug's Take: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' is a...
- Utahn, castaway Dawn Meehan reflects on...
- Book review: 'Joseph: A Stalwart Witness' is...
- A look back at the Star Trek film franchise
- Is the Wii U already becoming outdated?
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave'... 9
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Once in a while,... 5
- A look back at the Star Trek film... 3
- Prince Harry to see NJ storm damage,... 1
- 'Into Darkness' is missing that 'Star... 1
- OJ back in court; Day 4 of bid for new... 1
- Former lawyer says OJ Simpson knew... 1
- Turning the corner? E-book revenue... 1