1 bunch green onions, bottoms and tops, finely chopped
1/2 cup celery (or more), finely chopped
1 pound low-fat sausage, cooked, crumbled, drained and blotted
1 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
1/4 cup canola or light olive oil
4 cups fat-free chicken or turkey broth (approximately)
1. Spray a 9-by-13-inch pan with nonstick baking spray and set aside. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the biscuits (or bread), cornbread, green onions, celery, sausage, sage, salt and pepper. Combine the egg substitute and oil, and pour over the cornbread mixture. Add the broth until you reach the consistency you like, then pour into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour.
Each serving contains approximately: Original Recipe: 435 calories; 28 gm fat; 96 mg cholesterol; 1,071 mg sodium; 34 gm carbohydrates; 11 gm protein; 1 gm fiber. Revised Recipe: 215 calories; 9 gm fat; 26 mg cholesterol; 558 mg sodium; 23 gm carbohydrates; 8 gm protein; 3 gm fiber.
- Washington Post writer: Mitt Romney lost...
- Ryan Teeples: BYU sports is for BYUtv, not...
- Men's Wearhouse fires founder and current...
- Miss Utah USA gets second chance at question...
- Superman continues history of casting...
- Video: Miss Utah USA flubs answer at Miss USA...
- Tip for living: 'Day of Defense' tackles...
- Cap'n Crunch refutes claims he's not actually...
- Washington Post writer: Mitt Romney... 77
- Video: Miss Utah USA flubs answer at... 26
- Miss Utah USA gets second chance at... 21
- Ryan Teeples: BYU sports is for BYUtv,... 20
- NPR writer 'slightly' defends Miss Utah... 15
- Men's Wearhouse fires founder and... 4
- Utah's Hogle Zoo: Fun and educational... 2
- Family Book Festival helps make reading... 1