'Rizzoli & Isles' star has done some crime fighting in real life
She attended USC where she met her future husband, Edoardo Ponti, who was studying film in the graduate program. They were only casual friends, but eight years later they met again, and it became a whole new experience. "We went out and that was it," she grins.
"We were pregnant in a year and a half and getting married. It was the easiest — and I say that in a great way — the easiest thing that ever happened in my life. It felt like home."
Ponti, the son of Sophia Loren and Carlo Ponti, is a filmmaker. He and Alexander have two children, a daughter, 6, and a son, almost 2.
Today on TV
NCIS (7 p.m., Ch. 2): As the team searches for an abducted teenager, Abby and Ziva work closely with a friend of the girl who witnessed the kidnapping
Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas (7 p.m., Ch. 4): Boris Karloff narrates an animated tale about the lonely and heartless title character who decides to dress up as Santa and steal the Christmas decorations, gifts and feast from the people of Whoville.
The Voice (7 p.m., Ch. 5): The contestants face elimination
Raising Hope (7 p.m., Ch. 13): The family participates in a 1K walk.
Rizzoli & Isles (7 p.m., TNT): Jane and the team try to find the contamination source after a man dies from poisoning (see accompanying story)
Shrek the Halls (7:30 p.m., Ch. 4): The ogre's plans for a cozy family Christmas go awry when Donkey, Puss in Boots and the rest of the fairy-tale gang try to join in the fun.
NCIS: Los Angeles (8 p.m., Ch. 2): As the team investigates the murder of a wealthy, retired CIA agent, Hetty's knowledge of the case is questioned.
Dancing With the Stars: All Stars (8 p.m., Ch. 4): The winner is announced.
Leverage (8 p.m., TNT): The crew sabotages a mega-store in order to keep it from destroying a small town.
Go On (8 p.m., Ch. 5): Misty May-Treanor tries to help Ryan get back into the dating scene by inviting him to play a game of beach volleyball with her friends.
New Girl (8 p.m., Ch. 13): Cece and Jess worry that time is running out for them to have children
Vegas (9 p.m., Ch. 2): As Ralph, Dixon and Jack collaborate with the military on a murder investigation, clues lead them to an Air Force base.
Parenthood (9 p.m., Ch. 5): Julia struggles with her new role as a stay-at-home mom.
- Zuckerberg and wife, in letter to new...
- The Piano Guys perform 'Silent Night' at New...
- BYU Vocal Point, One Voice Children's Choir...
- All Blacks perform haka tribute for deceased...
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes
- 'Waitress' makes history as the first time a...
- These touching Christmas ads will melt any...
- In a distracted world, coloring books offer...
- Steve Eaton: 'Bewitched' apparitions... 8
- Zuckerberg and wife, in letter to new... 7
- These touching Christmas ads will melt... 3
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes 1
- Bono, Clooney, Kardashian part of... 1
- Prehistoric lessons: What children can... 1
- Surprising success: 'A Charlie Brown... 1
- Seasonal stagings: Area theaters host... 1