NCAA men's Top 25 roundup: No. 1-ranked Indiana hammers Ball State for biggest win in series history
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — Will Sheehey scored 19 points to help No. 1 Indiana defeat Ball State 101-53 on Sunday.
Jordan Hulls scored 17 points, Cody Zeller scored 15 and Christian Watford had 11 points and 10 rebounds for the Hoosiers (6-0).
It was Indiana's largest victory margin in a 21-game series that began in 1934.
Majok Majok scored 18 points and Jauwan Scaife added 11 for Ball State (2-2).
NO. 6 SYRACUSE 87, COLGATE 51: At Syracuse, N.Y., JamesSoutherland scored 18 points, MichaelCarter-Williams had eight points and a career-high 13 assists. BrandonTriche finished with 15 points, freshman DajuanColeman had a career-high 12 points.
NO. 15 MICHIGAN ST 63, LOUISIANA-LAFAYETTE 60: A EastLansing, Mich., KeithAppling scored 19 points to help the Spartans survive a scare.
Appling was 4 for 11 from the field. But he made other plays at key times, hitting 10 free throws and adding six rebounds and five assists for the Spartans (5-1).
NO. 17 GONZAGA 81, DAVIDSON 67:LakeBuenaVista, Fla., EliasHarris scored 24 points, KevinPangos added 23 and Gonzaga beat Davidson in the OldSpice Classic championship game. KellyOlynyk added 14 points for Gonzaga (6-0), which also won the 2008 OldSpice Classic.
NO. 20 OKLAHOMA ST. 81, PORTLAND ST. 58: At Stillwater, Okla., MarkelBrown scored a season-high 23 points, Le'BryanNash added 20.
PhilForte chipped in 15 points and MarcusSmart had eight points and nine assists, the third most for a freshman in Cowboys' history.
NO. 21 CONNECTICUT 73, STONY BROOK 62: At Storrs, Conn., NielsGiffey had a career-high 15 points and grabbed eight rebounds to help the Huskies rally for a victory over StonyBrook.ShabazzNapier had 15 of his 19 points in the second half for UConn (5-1), and OmarCalhoun added 14.
NO. 23 COLORADO 89, AIR FORCE 74: At Boulder, Colo., FreshmanJoshScott helped break open a tight game by scoring 13 of his 20 points in the second half. AndreRoberson had 18 points and 13 rebounds, and SpencerDinwiddie and AskiaBooker added 15 points apiece for Colorado (5-0).
- Class of 2015: Utah high school athletes with...
- Christian Stewart writes final chapter on...
- Dick Harmon: Sonny Detmer's bloodline about...
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why OU...
- Reports: Jackson Vroman found dead
- Jazz not expected to be a major player (or...
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake Heaps'...
- Why is William Penn, a Quaker university in...
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake... 49
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 42
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late... 31
- Dick Harmon: BYU's retired AD Glen... 27
- Jazz not expected to be a major player... 13
- Dick Harmon: Sonny Detmer's bloodline... 12
- Utah State wide receiver/kick returner... 10
- Former Utah Utes guard Delon Wright... 9