NCAA men's Top 25 roundup: No. 1-ranked Indiana hammers Ball State for biggest win in series history
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — Will Sheehey scored 19 points to help No. 1 Indiana defeat Ball State 101-53 on Sunday.
Jordan Hulls scored 17 points, Cody Zeller scored 15 and Christian Watford had 11 points and 10 rebounds for the Hoosiers (6-0).
It was Indiana's largest victory margin in a 21-game series that began in 1934.
Majok Majok scored 18 points and Jauwan Scaife added 11 for Ball State (2-2).
NO. 6 SYRACUSE 87, COLGATE 51: At Syracuse, N.Y., JamesSoutherland scored 18 points, MichaelCarter-Williams had eight points and a career-high 13 assists. BrandonTriche finished with 15 points, freshman DajuanColeman had a career-high 12 points.
NO. 15 MICHIGAN ST 63, LOUISIANA-LAFAYETTE 60: A EastLansing, Mich., KeithAppling scored 19 points to help the Spartans survive a scare.
Appling was 4 for 11 from the field. But he made other plays at key times, hitting 10 free throws and adding six rebounds and five assists for the Spartans (5-1).
NO. 17 GONZAGA 81, DAVIDSON 67:LakeBuenaVista, Fla., EliasHarris scored 24 points, KevinPangos added 23 and Gonzaga beat Davidson in the OldSpice Classic championship game. KellyOlynyk added 14 points for Gonzaga (6-0), which also won the 2008 OldSpice Classic.
NO. 20 OKLAHOMA ST. 81, PORTLAND ST. 58: At Stillwater, Okla., MarkelBrown scored a season-high 23 points, Le'BryanNash added 20.
PhilForte chipped in 15 points and MarcusSmart had eight points and nine assists, the third most for a freshman in Cowboys' history.
NO. 21 CONNECTICUT 73, STONY BROOK 62: At Storrs, Conn., NielsGiffey had a career-high 15 points and grabbed eight rebounds to help the Huskies rally for a victory over StonyBrook.ShabazzNapier had 15 of his 19 points in the second half for UConn (5-1), and OmarCalhoun added 14.
NO. 23 COLORADO 89, AIR FORCE 74: At Boulder, Colo., FreshmanJoshScott helped break open a tight game by scoring 13 of his 20 points in the second half. AndreRoberson had 18 points and 13 rebounds, and SpencerDinwiddie and AskiaBooker added 15 points apiece for Colorado (5-0).
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is...
- Cougars say they have learned lessons in wake...
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive line...
- Utah Utes football: Ranking the best players...
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be Utah's...
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes' most...
- Lindon father of five sets world record in...
- Eight BYU, Utah players make the Polynesian...
- Phil Steele gives tempered assessment... 76
- Morning links: Utah is on the rise in... 74
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 58
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 34
- BYU looking for another defensive... 33
- Utah Utes backup quarterback Donovan... 29
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 29
- With Boston out, another Salt Lake... 14