Carolyn Kaster, AP
President Obama wants to increase the taxes on the high-income people in the United States. This would be a tragic mistake.
Our high-income people are those who finance and operate our industries and businesses which provide jobs for our citizens. Increasing taxes on them would make it impossible for them to compete with their foreign competitors, and they would either have to go out of business or move to a foreign country. We would loose the jobs that they create.
The solution to our national debt problem is really quite simple: Stop the reckless, unnecessary government spending.
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising...
- Involve Utahns in national monument designations
- Letter: Welfare reform
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Becoming mentally...
- Legitimate, productive businesses are...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- Helping kids master what matters: Emotions,...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 80
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 54
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising... 53
- Capitalism and the common good:... 45
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 39
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the... 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- In our opinion: Federal contracting... 36