Carolyn Kaster, AP
President Obama wants to increase the taxes on the high-income people in the United States. This would be a tragic mistake.
Our high-income people are those who finance and operate our industries and businesses which provide jobs for our citizens. Increasing taxes on them would make it impossible for them to compete with their foreign competitors, and they would either have to go out of business or move to a foreign country. We would loose the jobs that they create.
The solution to our national debt problem is really quite simple: Stop the reckless, unnecessary government spending.
- Dan Liljenquist: In order to confront... 42
- Kathleen Parker: Republican candidates... 38
- Letter: Medically fragile 33
- Letter: Harmful side effects 23
- Mark Reynolds: Pipeline alternatives... 23
- Allowing export of U.S. crude oil would... 22
- In our opinion: Hughes, House and... 22
- Require a civics test? Americans have a... 20