Carolyn Kaster, AP
President Obama wants to increase the taxes on the high-income people in the United States. This would be a tragic mistake.
Our high-income people are those who finance and operate our industries and businesses which provide jobs for our citizens. Increasing taxes on them would make it impossible for them to compete with their foreign competitors, and they would either have to go out of business or move to a foreign country. We would loose the jobs that they create.
The solution to our national debt problem is really quite simple: Stop the reckless, unnecessary government spending.
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges Hatch...
- Charles Krauthammer: Donald, Hillary and the...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 81
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 53
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 33
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 22
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- Letter: Citizens have a duty 19
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 18