Carolyn Kaster, AP
President Obama wants to increase the taxes on the high-income people in the United States. This would be a tragic mistake.
Our high-income people are those who finance and operate our industries and businesses which provide jobs for our citizens. Increasing taxes on them would make it impossible for them to compete with their foreign competitors, and they would either have to go out of business or move to a foreign country. We would loose the jobs that they create.
The solution to our national debt problem is really quite simple: Stop the reckless, unnecessary government spending.
- In our opinion: After change to state pension...
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA fool you...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Letter: Methane benefits
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- In our opinion: NASA's New Horizons opens up...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 71
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 62
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 45
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 38
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 22