Carolyn Kaster, AP
President Obama wants to increase the taxes on the high-income people in the United States. This would be a tragic mistake.
Our high-income people are those who finance and operate our industries and businesses which provide jobs for our citizens. Increasing taxes on them would make it impossible for them to compete with their foreign competitors, and they would either have to go out of business or move to a foreign country. We would loose the jobs that they create.
The solution to our national debt problem is really quite simple: Stop the reckless, unnecessary government spending.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- Jay Evensen: Unfortunately, Canada may never...
- Michael Gerson: The new impression of Ebola...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 73
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 34
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 28
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27