Carolyn Kaster, AP
President Obama wants to increase the taxes on the high-income people in the United States. This would be a tragic mistake.
Our high-income people are those who finance and operate our industries and businesses which provide jobs for our citizens. Increasing taxes on them would make it impossible for them to compete with their foreign competitors, and they would either have to go out of business or move to a foreign country. We would loose the jobs that they create.
The solution to our national debt problem is really quite simple: Stop the reckless, unnecessary government spending.
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's foreign...
- In our opinion: Looking upward, seeking...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Benefit Corporations: Why aren't Utah...
- A Hobbesian choice: Religious freedom in the...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Count My...
- Letter: End daylight saving time
- Robert Bennett: Compromise will morph into...
- Letter: Religious freedom 54
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's... 44
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 33
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 33
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 30
- Letter: A 'dying' document 24
- A Hobbesian choice: Religious freedom... 23
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod 21