Ravell Call, Deseret News
I find it hard to believe that some members of the Utah Legislature and Claire Geddes would criticize the pension of ex-general manger of the UTA, John Inglish, for his entitled pension.
The pension program was set up by the Legislature in 1970 when UTA was formed. John Inglish was with UTA for 35 years and managed it through its growth years to where it is today.
The Legislature should have anticipated the financial funding for Inglish as well as all retired UTA workers. Our state representatives have the responsibility to know the short- and long-term acts that they pass as well the cost of these acts. They are spending the taxpayers' money for now and the future. Live up to your responsibilities as our representatives.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 72
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 56
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- Letter: Not so lazy 34
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 32
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 25
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 23
- George F. Will: America’s welfare... 22