Greg Baker, Associated Press
The Little Ice Age ended about 1850. Our pioneer forefathers crossed the Mississippi River on ice when they fled Illinois. The river has not frozen over since.
Whatever ended the Little Ice Age continued and is still making things warmer. It is causing a continual retreat of the glaciers, which causes the continuing rise in sea level by adding water to the oceans. The warmth is expected to come from the Earth getting closer to the sun in its astronomical cycling.
How does carbon dioxide fit in? It is one of the lesser greenhouse gasses; water vapor is the big one. Geological studies show a correlation between carbon dioxide and temperature in the ice ages, with carbon dioxide change lagging temperature change by about 800 years.
Industrial carbon dioxide is hastening global warming. We cannot stop global warming. We can and we must adapt to it.
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice denied
- My view: More whites should practice meekness...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 36
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 35
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 28
- Letter: Acting presidential 25
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 24
- My view: More whites should practice... 23