BYU basketball: Cougar fans print 6,300 T-shirts in anticipation of Jabari Parker's visit
, Associated Press
BYU basketball fans understand the importance of Jabari Parker's attendance at the Marriott Center tonight.
Knowing that Parker's visit must be both exceptional and memorable, two fans decided to make shirts to welcome the No. 2 recruit. The shirts read "Chicago to Provo" and feature Chicago's skyline combined with Provo's Mount Timpanogos.
ESPN reports the two fans, Greg Welch and Tony Brown, collected more than 200 donations to create 6,300 T-shirts that will be handed out at the Cougars game verses Cal State Northridge tonight. Parker will be attending the game as part of his recruiting visit.
Parker is the nation's No. 2 recruit and many college basketball programs have been vying to land the high school star. In October he narrowed his list of possible colleges to five, and among the prestigious schools he listed was BYU.
If BYU manages to successfully recruit Parker, they have a good possibility of maintaining one of the winningest college basketball programs in the last 4-5 years.
For the full report visit ESPN Chicago.
- Utah high schoolers who've reached the Super...
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around as...
- Utes get it done at home again
- Utah Utes still pursuing several big-time...
- Former Utah Jazz guard Deron Williams had...
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes still outstanding from...
- BYU basketball analysis: Why the Cougars...
- Brad Rock: BYU asleep at the switch on... 98
- BYU, Michigan State agree to... 90
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 61
- Dick Harmon: BYU continuing new policy... 55
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU... 51
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 29
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28