BYU basketball: Cougar fans print 6,300 T-shirts in anticipation of Jabari Parker's visit
, Associated Press
BYU basketball fans understand the importance of Jabari Parker's attendance at the Marriott Center tonight.
Knowing that Parker's visit must be both exceptional and memorable, two fans decided to make shirts to welcome the No. 2 recruit. The shirts read "Chicago to Provo" and feature Chicago's skyline combined with Provo's Mount Timpanogos.
ESPN reports the two fans, Greg Welch and Tony Brown, collected more than 200 donations to create 6,300 T-shirts that will be handed out at the Cougars game verses Cal State Northridge tonight. Parker will be attending the game as part of his recruiting visit.
Parker is the nation's No. 2 recruit and many college basketball programs have been vying to land the high school star. In October he narrowed his list of possible colleges to five, and among the prestigious schools he listed was BYU.
If BYU manages to successfully recruit Parker, they have a good possibility of maintaining one of the winningest college basketball programs in the last 4-5 years.
For the full report visit ESPN Chicago.
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of NFL...
- Booker, other locals could get NFL draft...
- Decades later, Thurl Bailey and N.C. State...
- BYU men's volleyball: Underwood and others...
- Niumatalolo and Navy make another trip to the...
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for Utah
- The BYU international basketball tracker: How...
- Morning links: Which local prospects could...
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 90
- BYU basketball: Cougars to play USC... 49
- BYU's Kaufusi an intriguing NFL... 26
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 20
- Oakland Raiders owner says he will... 18
- Morning links: NFL Draft prospect news... 18
- 2016 NFL draft: Local players who might... 14
- BYU football announces full spring... 12