BYU basketball: Cougar fans print 6,300 T-shirts in anticipation of Jabari Parker's visit
, Associated Press
BYU basketball fans understand the importance of Jabari Parker's attendance at the Marriott Center tonight.
Knowing that Parker's visit must be both exceptional and memorable, two fans decided to make shirts to welcome the No. 2 recruit. The shirts read "Chicago to Provo" and feature Chicago's skyline combined with Provo's Mount Timpanogos.
ESPN reports the two fans, Greg Welch and Tony Brown, collected more than 200 donations to create 6,300 T-shirts that will be handed out at the Cougars game verses Cal State Northridge tonight. Parker will be attending the game as part of his recruiting visit.
Parker is the nation's No. 2 recruit and many college basketball programs have been vying to land the high school star. In October he narrowed his list of possible colleges to five, and among the prestigious schools he listed was BYU.
If BYU manages to successfully recruit Parker, they have a good possibility of maintaining one of the winningest college basketball programs in the last 4-5 years.
For the full report visit ESPN Chicago.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27