BYU basketball: Cougar fans print 6,300 T-shirts in anticipation of Jabari Parker's visit
, Associated Press
BYU basketball fans understand the importance of Jabari Parker's attendance at the Marriott Center tonight.
Knowing that Parker's visit must be both exceptional and memorable, two fans decided to make shirts to welcome the No. 2 recruit. The shirts read "Chicago to Provo" and feature Chicago's skyline combined with Provo's Mount Timpanogos.
ESPN reports the two fans, Greg Welch and Tony Brown, collected more than 200 donations to create 6,300 T-shirts that will be handed out at the Cougars game verses Cal State Northridge tonight. Parker will be attending the game as part of his recruiting visit.
Parker is the nation's No. 2 recruit and many college basketball programs have been vying to land the high school star. In October he narrowed his list of possible colleges to five, and among the prestigious schools he listed was BYU.
If BYU manages to successfully recruit Parker, they have a good possibility of maintaining one of the winningest college basketball programs in the last 4-5 years.
For the full report visit ESPN Chicago.
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Salt Lake Olympic scandal 'set a precedent'...
- Former Ute center Dallin Bachynski impresses...
- Utah Jazz: Hugh Greenwood isn’t just a...
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games ranked...
- Photo gallery: NFL players with local ties...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 86
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 48
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 42
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 27
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 13
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8