BYU basketball: Cougar fans print 6,300 T-shirts in anticipation of Jabari Parker's visit
, Associated Press
BYU basketball fans understand the importance of Jabari Parker's attendance at the Marriott Center tonight.
Knowing that Parker's visit must be both exceptional and memorable, two fans decided to make shirts to welcome the No. 2 recruit. The shirts read "Chicago to Provo" and feature Chicago's skyline combined with Provo's Mount Timpanogos.
ESPN reports the two fans, Greg Welch and Tony Brown, collected more than 200 donations to create 6,300 T-shirts that will be handed out at the Cougars game verses Cal State Northridge tonight. Parker will be attending the game as part of his recruiting visit.
Parker is the nation's No. 2 recruit and many college basketball programs have been vying to land the high school star. In October he narrowed his list of possible colleges to five, and among the prestigious schools he listed was BYU.
If BYU manages to successfully recruit Parker, they have a good possibility of maintaining one of the winningest college basketball programs in the last 4-5 years.
For the full report visit ESPN Chicago.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 108
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 32
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20