Eric Risberg, File, Associated Press
The death penalty costs an exorbitant amount of money. I think if it were possible to cut all the endless appeals, and keep the lawyers from milking the system for years, the costs would come down. Cruel and unusual punishment is keeping someone locked up in death row for 25 or more years. It's cruel for the inmate and punishment for the taxpayers.
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Michael Gerson: A Senate takeover — No...
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- In our opinion: Technology in today's schools...
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues
- Center that specializes in stories about...
- Letter: Vote for cleaner air
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the campaign...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 148
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 87
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 50
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 28
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 25