Eric Risberg, File, Associated Press
The death penalty costs an exorbitant amount of money. I think if it were possible to cut all the endless appeals, and keep the lawyers from milking the system for years, the costs would come down. Cruel and unusual punishment is keeping someone locked up in death row for 25 or more years. It's cruel for the inmate and punishment for the taxpayers.
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an impoverished...
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line...
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Letter: Protected lands
- My view: Holistic approach to wild horses...
- Richard Davis: Legislators— Model the...
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult...
- Letter: Utah's birthright
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 60
- Letter: Learn the Constitution 52
- In our opinion: Explaining editorial... 44
- Letter: Utah's birthright 44
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 42
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 39
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 34
- John Florez: Corporate or public... 31