Eric Risberg, File, Associated Press
The death penalty costs an exorbitant amount of money. I think if it were possible to cut all the endless appeals, and keep the lawyers from milking the system for years, the costs would come down. Cruel and unusual punishment is keeping someone locked up in death row for 25 or more years. It's cruel for the inmate and punishment for the taxpayers.
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse tends to...
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 47
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 29
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 28