Eric Risberg, File, Associated Press
The death penalty costs an exorbitant amount of money. I think if it were possible to cut all the endless appeals, and keep the lawyers from milking the system for years, the costs would come down. Cruel and unusual punishment is keeping someone locked up in death row for 25 or more years. It's cruel for the inmate and punishment for the taxpayers.
- Jay Evensen: Open wide and swallow your tax...
- In our opinion: SB296 bridges...
- George F. Will: IRS continues to act in...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Net neutrality could...
- Dan Liljenquist: Looking to the Supreme Court...
- Natalie Gochnour: The best of Utah...
- Letter: Political police work
- Letter: Why such controversy?
- Bob Bennett: Climate change question... 97
- Letter: Same stale air 48
- My view: Common Core tests erode... 41
- Letter: Mandated freedom 37
- In our opinion: SB296 bridges... 30
- In our opinion: Talking of tax reform... 28
- Letter: Who's against Healthy Utah? 28
- George F. Will: IRS continues to act in... 27