On fourth-and-8, with less than a minute remaining, the Utes ended their game against Colorado the same way they started it by intercepting Colorado's Nick Hirschman.
As a result, the Utes got their first road win of the season by defeating the Buffaloes 42-35 in Boulder, Colo.
After losing the lead and trailing 28-20 going into the fourth quarter, the Utes decided to have an explosion of points. Utah scored 22 in the fourth, while holding Colorado to just seven.
After Colorado's Marques Mosley ran a kickoff back 100 yards for a touchdown to tie the game at 35-35, Utah's Reggie Dunn showed a little return magic of his own. Dunn caught the ensuing kickoff and was off to the races, as he took the kick 100 yards for the go-ahead score.
Despite going just 3-12 on third down, Utah was able to defeat Colorado, which struggled for much of the game due to turnovers. Hirschman went 30-51 for 307 yards, one touchdown and four interceptions. The Utes capitalized on every Colorado turnover, as they came away with points on each one.
The Utes ran for 210 yards on the ground with an average of 5.8 yards per carry. Utah had 338 yards compared to 419 for Colorado.
EMAIL: email@example.com TWITTER: @BullockBlaze
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Former Ute player among those invited to work...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 46
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 43
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 39
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 12
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8
- Utah State basketball: Aggie men to... 6