On fourth-and-8, with less than a minute remaining, the Utes ended their game against Colorado the same way they started it by intercepting Colorado's Nick Hirschman.
As a result, the Utes got their first road win of the season by defeating the Buffaloes 42-35 in Boulder, Colo.
After losing the lead and trailing 28-20 going into the fourth quarter, the Utes decided to have an explosion of points. Utah scored 22 in the fourth, while holding Colorado to just seven.
After Colorado's Marques Mosley ran a kickoff back 100 yards for a touchdown to tie the game at 35-35, Utah's Reggie Dunn showed a little return magic of his own. Dunn caught the ensuing kickoff and was off to the races, as he took the kick 100 yards for the go-ahead score.
Despite going just 3-12 on third down, Utah was able to defeat Colorado, which struggled for much of the game due to turnovers. Hirschman went 30-51 for 307 yards, one touchdown and four interceptions. The Utes capitalized on every Colorado turnover, as they came away with points on each one.
The Utes ran for 210 yards on the ground with an average of 5.8 yards per carry. Utah had 338 yards compared to 419 for Colorado.
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org TWITTER: @BullockBlaze
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Utahns in baseball: Former Ute Morin plays...
- High school football: Hillcrest Huskies 2015...
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 55
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 45
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 34
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 28
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 23
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 16