The Jets made another costly mistake on their next possession when Shonn Greene fumbled on fourth-and-inches from the Patriots 31 and Gregory recovered.
Brady threw a swing pass on first down to Vereen, who zipped down the left sideline untouched for an 83-yard touchdown that made it 14-0 with 9:43 remaining in the opening half.
The Patriots were back in the end zone moments later when Sanchez fumbled on second down as he fell when right guard Brandon Moore's backside slammed into him. Gregory picked up the ball and ran it 32 yards for a score to put New England up 21-0.
And, the Patriots weren't done.
Joe McKnight, one of the league's top returners, took the ensuing kickoff and fumbled it on a hit by Devin McCourty. Edelman picked up the ball and scooted 22 yards for yet another score, giving New England a 28-0 lead.
Edelman caught a 56-yard pass from Brady to make it 35-0 with 3:08 left in the first half. The receiver left the game early in the third quarter on a helmet-to-helmet hit by LaRon Landry on an end-around during which he fumbled.
Jets wide receiver Clyde Gates also left the game with a head injury in the second quarter after a hard hit from Kyle Arrington.
Nick Folk kicked a 32-yard field goal with 2 seconds left in the half — and a single firework popped above the stadium.
Ridley was called for a chop block in the end zone midway through the third quarter, giving the Jets a safety. Bilal Powell had a 4-yard touchdown run, his third in two games, to make it 35-12 late in the period.
Brady's 1-yard run early in the fourth quarter gave the Patriots a 42-12 lead, and Ridley scored on a 9-yard run less than a minute later.
Dustin Keller caught a 1-yard scoring toss from Sanchez with just over 2 minutes left — long after most of the stadium had emptied.
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia team...
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No. 23 in...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: BYU football's first...
- Amy Donaldson: Domestic violence isn't a...
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a little...
- With Chuckie Keeton's status still uncertain,...
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6 seasons, but...
- Dick Harmon: BYU safeties Craig Bills, Dallin...
- AAC commish: BYU is a 'power' team 129
- Roller-coaster ride: BYU outlasts... 103
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 78
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- Vai's View: BYU's greatest quarterback... 49
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6... 43
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 43
- BYU football report card: Mostly B's... 36