Darko Vojinovic, Associated Press
It is still amazing to me that every time some drastic and destructive act of nature takes place all of a sudden "global warming" crawls out of the woodwork. There are still too many people who have read articles, listened to rants by or watched a movie by Al Gore.
A month or so ago, it was stated by climate scientists that there had not been any "warming" for 16 years.
The fact is that nature throws some bad curves at us at various times. The idea that oil or coal, or natural gas, or whatever is the cause of so-called global warming is ludicrous. The good Lord prepared this earth for us to live on, and he provided the necessary products for us to develop for our use and comfort.
It has been determined that there have been periods of time on the earth when there were far fewer men, and yet there were warmer than expected temperatures. Man-caused "global warming" is a figment of some climate alarmists' imagination — and much of it has come about because they were able to make a lot of money along their way; if you don't believe me, follow the money trail.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- John Florez: Audit reveals politicians'...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- In our opinion: 'Lost Boy of Sudan' shows how...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- Letter: More informed decisions
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 77
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 37
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 30
- Letter: Give her time 26
- In our opinion: Overcome 'election... 24
- In our opinion: Charitable awareness... 23