Darko Vojinovic, Associated Press
It is still amazing to me that every time some drastic and destructive act of nature takes place all of a sudden "global warming" crawls out of the woodwork. There are still too many people who have read articles, listened to rants by or watched a movie by Al Gore.
A month or so ago, it was stated by climate scientists that there had not been any "warming" for 16 years.
The fact is that nature throws some bad curves at us at various times. The idea that oil or coal, or natural gas, or whatever is the cause of so-called global warming is ludicrous. The good Lord prepared this earth for us to live on, and he provided the necessary products for us to develop for our use and comfort.
It has been determined that there have been periods of time on the earth when there were far fewer men, and yet there were warmer than expected temperatures. Man-caused "global warming" is a figment of some climate alarmists' imagination — and much of it has come about because they were able to make a lot of money along their way; if you don't believe me, follow the money trail.
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- Government works best when it's not on autopilot
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Is it time for our first woman president? 50
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay... 10
- Radon, the unrecognized killer 10
- In our opinion: Legislators need to... 9