Christmas specials start early, continue throughout season
Cartoon Network, Golden Books
If you've found yourself singing Christmas music, you're not alone. It's been on the radio for more than a month and on the lips of a number of people since the first snowfall. This weekend, holiday music will begin to emanate from the television, as well.
If you've been holding back your melody, it may be time to indulge. There are several song-happy movies and specials on the network lineup this holiday season. There are favorites such as "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" and "White Christmas," with songs that have been immortalized as Christmas essentials. Or there's "Meet Me in St. Louis," which gave rise to the tune "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas."
One new show in the lineup, "Silent Night," tells the true story of the beloved Christmas carol of the same name. It will play on BYUtv several times throughout the holiday season.
And be warned: The season starts early, with several classics scheduled for late November and early December. "Frosty the Snowman" airs on CBS on Friday, Nov. 23, while "Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas" will air on Tuesday, Nov. 27, and "A Charlie Brown Christmas" on Wednesday, Nov. 28, on ABC. You can catch the holiday classic "It's a Wonderful Life" on Dec. 1 on NBC. But if you miss out, it will air again on Christmas Eve.
Fortunately, some classics run constantly. AMC is planning several airings of "White Christmas" and the original "Miracle on 34th Street" from 1947. And don't forget the traditional 24 hours of "A Christmas Story" on TBS, which begins Christmas Eve.
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video sentenced
- 'Gotham' actor's Penguin inspired by DC Comics
- Suspenseful 'Maze Runner' dodges limitations...
- Photos: Fall colors over Guardsman Pass
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Photos: Elton John brings 'All The Hits' to Utah
- The latest ‘Godzilla’ reboot...
- Actress detained by police refuses to apologize
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at... 6
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 4
- Millennials read more books than their... 3
- The complicated relationship between... 3
- Vikings reinstate Peterson despite... 2
- Two big reasons to buy comic books for... 2
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream... 2