Cartoon Network, Golden Books
If you've found yourself singing Christmas music, you're not alone. It's been on the radio for more than a month and on the lips of a number of people since the first snowfall. This weekend, holiday music will begin to emanate from the television, as well.
If you've been holding back your melody, it may be time to indulge. There are several song-happy movies and specials on the network lineup this holiday season. There are favorites such as "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" and "White Christmas," with songs that have been immortalized as Christmas essentials. Or there's "Meet Me in St. Louis," which gave rise to the tune "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas."
One new show in the lineup, "Silent Night," tells the true story of the beloved Christmas carol of the same name. It will play on BYUtv several times throughout the holiday season.
And be warned: The season starts early, with several classics scheduled for late November and early December. "Frosty the Snowman" airs on CBS on Friday, Nov. 23, while "Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas" will air on Tuesday, Nov. 27, and "A Charlie Brown Christmas" on Wednesday, Nov. 28, on ABC. You can catch the holiday classic "It's a Wonderful Life" on Dec. 1 on NBC. But if you miss out, it will air again on Christmas Eve.
Fortunately, some classics run constantly. AMC is planning several airings of "White Christmas" and the original "Miracle on 34th Street" from 1947. And don't forget the traditional 24 hours of "A Christmas Story" on TBS, which begins Christmas Eve.
- Wright Words: Christmas Jars tradition...
- Julie Andrews missed NBC's live 'Sound of Music'
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Ann and Mitt Romney...
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Ballet West's 'Nutcracker' a splendid success
- About Utah: After 72 years, Keith Hottinger...
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for family...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 17
- 'Sound of Music' alive for 18.5 million... 13
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound... 12
- 'Deseret News Sunday Edition' looks at... 10
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for... 9
- Toddler basketball star,... 5
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: What if negative... 4
- Wright Words: Christmas Jars tradition... 2