BYU basketball: Cougars defeat UTSA easily, improve record to 3-2
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
After a quick start, BYU defeated the University of Texas, San Antonio Wednesday night at the Marriott Center, 81-62.
They were led by Brandon Davies and Tyler Haws, who each had twenty plus points. Davies was also the Cougars leading rebounder with ten on the night.
UTSA's Brandon Burrage had 22 points and two assists in 37 minutes to lead the Roadrunners. However, his team got into foul trouble quickly, including Edrico McGregor who fouled out of the game after playing just 11 minutes.
BYU had little trouble defeating the Roadrunners, and improved their record this season to 3-2.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 48
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 41
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26