BYU basketball: Cougars defeat UTSA easily, improve record to 3-2
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
After a quick start, BYU defeated the University of Texas, San Antonio Wednesday night at the Marriott Center, 81-62.
They were led by Brandon Davies and Tyler Haws, who each had twenty plus points. Davies was also the Cougars leading rebounder with ten on the night.
UTSA's Brandon Burrage had 22 points and two assists in 37 minutes to lead the Roadrunners. However, his team got into foul trouble quickly, including Edrico McGregor who fouled out of the game after playing just 11 minutes.
BYU had little trouble defeating the Roadrunners, and improved their record this season to 3-2.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34