BYU basketball: Cougars defeat UTSA easily, improve record to 3-2
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
After a quick start, BYU defeated the University of Texas, San Antonio Wednesday night at the Marriott Center, 81-62.
They were led by Brandon Davies and Tyler Haws, who each had twenty plus points. Davies was also the Cougars leading rebounder with ten on the night.
UTSA's Brandon Burrage had 22 points and two assists in 37 minutes to lead the Roadrunners. However, his team got into foul trouble quickly, including Edrico McGregor who fouled out of the game after playing just 11 minutes.
BYU had little trouble defeating the Roadrunners, and improved their record this season to 3-2.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 26