Jacquelyn Martin, Associated Press
The income tax creates a stagnant economy for the United States. Companies have moved overseas to give their investors a tax advantage. They will not return to the U.S. until our system gives them an advantage in the world market.
The answer to this is the Fair Tax Act (H.R. 25). It will eliminate income tax and the Internal Revenue Service, jump start the economy, bring jobs back to the U.S. and capture untaxed dollars lost to criminal and offshore businesses. It will allow people to keep 100 percent of their paycheck, let them save all the money they want and pay taxes only when they spend it, eliminate taxes they don't even know they are paying, lower interest rates and make April 15 just another beautiful spring day.
If everyone tells their congressman to support H.R. 25, we can turn this economy around as soon as it is enacted.
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is threatened...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant
- My view: Prison relocation study is being...
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of interest...
- Letter: Divorce risks
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible for...
- Hinkins & King: No losers in Utah’s...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant 46
- My view: Prison relocation study is... 22
- Letter: A constant example 21
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible... 21
- Letter: Keep fighting drugs 18
- My view: Higher ed students can better... 18
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is... 18
- Derek B. Miller: Politics may end up... 17