Jacquelyn Martin, Associated Press
The income tax creates a stagnant economy for the United States. Companies have moved overseas to give their investors a tax advantage. They will not return to the U.S. until our system gives them an advantage in the world market.
The answer to this is the Fair Tax Act (H.R. 25). It will eliminate income tax and the Internal Revenue Service, jump start the economy, bring jobs back to the U.S. and capture untaxed dollars lost to criminal and offshore businesses. It will allow people to keep 100 percent of their paycheck, let them save all the money they want and pay taxes only when they spend it, eliminate taxes they don't even know they are paying, lower interest rates and make April 15 just another beautiful spring day.
If everyone tells their congressman to support H.R. 25, we can turn this economy around as soon as it is enacted.
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with...
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to Hitler?
- Letter: Religious freedom
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod
- Endangered Species Act lost sight of its mission
- My view: History lesson: 'Taking back'...
- In our opinion: Maintaining balance
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 65
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 49
- Obama's biggest test: Ukraine 33
- Robert Bennett: Keystone: What... 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 27
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 24