Sybil Bateman would prefer to sleep through summer morning sunlight rather than enjoy the extended hour of a summer evening ("Daylight saving time," Readers' Forum, Nov. 19).
Daylight saving time was and is a wonderful invention. Why can't some folks seem to get it? Yes, I could get up earlier on my own, but it is nice to have offices, schools and much else working on the same schedule so we can all enjoy those summer evenings together.
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- Government works best when it's not on autopilot
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Iowa caucus...
- Is it time for our first woman president? 50
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay... 10
- Radon, the unrecognized killer 10
- In our opinion: Legislators need to... 9