As a concerned grandmother, I read with great interest the front page article in the Nov. 18 issue called "Toddlers, tiaras and tears."
I think it a travesty that young innocent children (primarily girls) are being exploited by irresponsible parents or by other self-serving adults without conscience.
I certainly agree with the main messages of the article and add that I boycott all media opportunities that exploit children or anyone who may be victimized. I do not watch the TLC program "Toddlers and Tiaras" or any other "reality" TV program that I deem unwholesome. All of these avenues are but an expression of the degradation of our "modern" society.
It goes without saying that art mimics reality and reality mimics art. Moral consciousness is becoming more and more scarce.
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- Letter: Prison nonsense
- Letter: Is hard work unorthodox?
- 16 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will save lives
- Letter: Dangerous societal focus
- In our opinion: Parents reading to young...
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 56
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 29
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 26
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21
- Letter: Idle elimination 19
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will... 19