As a concerned grandmother, I read with great interest the front page article in the Nov. 18 issue called "Toddlers, tiaras and tears."
I think it a travesty that young innocent children (primarily girls) are being exploited by irresponsible parents or by other self-serving adults without conscience.
I certainly agree with the main messages of the article and add that I boycott all media opportunities that exploit children or anyone who may be victimized. I do not watch the TLC program "Toddlers and Tiaras" or any other "reality" TV program that I deem unwholesome. All of these avenues are but an expression of the degradation of our "modern" society.
It goes without saying that art mimics reality and reality mimics art. Moral consciousness is becoming more and more scarce.
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot 'progress'...
- My view: Medicaid will sting Beehive State's...
- Letter: Moral decline
- Letter: My sons
- John Hoffmire: Unknowingly raising another...
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage, Utah...
- Jay Evensen: U2's 'free' album highlights...
- Who likes Obama's ISIS plan, and who doesn't
- Letter: Moral decline 87
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 65
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 55
- In our opinion: Some universities... 45
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 40
- My view: Government broadband spells... 28
- In our opinion: Revisiting racial... 25