As a concerned grandmother, I read with great interest the front page article in the Nov. 18 issue called "Toddlers, tiaras and tears."
I think it a travesty that young innocent children (primarily girls) are being exploited by irresponsible parents or by other self-serving adults without conscience.
I certainly agree with the main messages of the article and add that I boycott all media opportunities that exploit children or anyone who may be victimized. I do not watch the TLC program "Toddlers and Tiaras" or any other "reality" TV program that I deem unwholesome. All of these avenues are but an expression of the degradation of our "modern" society.
It goes without saying that art mimics reality and reality mimics art. Moral consciousness is becoming more and more scarce.
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's...
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Republicans and Democrats agree, in part, on...
- Everything you need to know about the...
- In our opinion: To be vigilant, relentless?
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 82
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 58
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- Letter: Irreparable damage 49
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37
- Letter: Protected lands 36