As a concerned grandmother, I read with great interest the front page article in the Nov. 18 issue called "Toddlers, tiaras and tears."
I think it a travesty that young innocent children (primarily girls) are being exploited by irresponsible parents or by other self-serving adults without conscience.
I certainly agree with the main messages of the article and add that I boycott all media opportunities that exploit children or anyone who may be victimized. I do not watch the TLC program "Toddlers and Tiaras" or any other "reality" TV program that I deem unwholesome. All of these avenues are but an expression of the degradation of our "modern" society.
It goes without saying that art mimics reality and reality mimics art. Moral consciousness is becoming more and more scarce.
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics would be...
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood relying...
- In our opinion: NASA's New Horizons opens up...
- Drew Clark: Utah prison volunteers provide a...
- Letter: Erratic protests
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Identifying...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 68
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23
- Letter: Proper priority 23
- Letter: Voting like a liberal 22