As a concerned grandmother, I read with great interest the front page article in the Nov. 18 issue called "Toddlers, tiaras and tears."
I think it a travesty that young innocent children (primarily girls) are being exploited by irresponsible parents or by other self-serving adults without conscience.
I certainly agree with the main messages of the article and add that I boycott all media opportunities that exploit children or anyone who may be victimized. I do not watch the TLC program "Toddlers and Tiaras" or any other "reality" TV program that I deem unwholesome. All of these avenues are but an expression of the degradation of our "modern" society.
It goes without saying that art mimics reality and reality mimics art. Moral consciousness is becoming more and more scarce.
- Dan Liljenquist: In order to confront... 43
- Letter: Medically fragile 39
- Kathleen Parker: Republican candidates... 38
- Letter: Duties of the job 28
- In our opinion: Hughes, House and... 24
- Letter: Harmful side effects 23
- Mark Reynolds: Pipeline alternatives... 23
- John Florez: Lawmakers broke the... 23