As a concerned grandmother, I read with great interest the front page article in the Nov. 18 issue called "Toddlers, tiaras and tears."
I think it a travesty that young innocent children (primarily girls) are being exploited by irresponsible parents or by other self-serving adults without conscience.
I certainly agree with the main messages of the article and add that I boycott all media opportunities that exploit children or anyone who may be victimized. I do not watch the TLC program "Toddlers and Tiaras" or any other "reality" TV program that I deem unwholesome. All of these avenues are but an expression of the degradation of our "modern" society.
It goes without saying that art mimics reality and reality mimics art. Moral consciousness is becoming more and more scarce.
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Robert J. Samuelson: Government programs...
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- In our opinion: Forgiveness, positive focus...
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 57
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 41
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 32
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Letter: Foreign aid 17
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid 14