As a concerned grandmother, I read with great interest the front page article in the Nov. 18 issue called "Toddlers, tiaras and tears."
I think it a travesty that young innocent children (primarily girls) are being exploited by irresponsible parents or by other self-serving adults without conscience.
I certainly agree with the main messages of the article and add that I boycott all media opportunities that exploit children or anyone who may be victimized. I do not watch the TLC program "Toddlers and Tiaras" or any other "reality" TV program that I deem unwholesome. All of these avenues are but an expression of the degradation of our "modern" society.
It goes without saying that art mimics reality and reality mimics art. Moral consciousness is becoming more and more scarce.
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's...
- Letter: Constitutional republic
- Letter: Public lands
- Kathleen Parker: Karma tastes rich in new,...
- In our opinion: Troops in Syria makes sense
- My view: Will we take the opportunity to wipe...
- Dan Liljenquist: Confronting Saudi Arabia's...
- Jay Evensen: Utah's homeless problem still rages