Victoria Will, AP
NEW YORK — Sesame Workshop says Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash has resigned from "Sesame Street" in the wake of allegations that he had sex with an under-aged youth.
Last week a man accused Clash of having sex with him when he was a teenage boy, a charge Clash denied. A day later, the man recanted his charge. A lawsuit by a second accuser was filed Tuesday, according to attorney Cecil Singleton.
Sesame Workshop called the controversy surrounding Clash's personal life "a distraction that none of us want" and led to his decision to leave the show.
Clash created the voice and persona for Elmo, who has become one of "Sesame Street's" most popular characters.
- Sutton Foster promises 'an intimate look at...
- 5 takeaways from a punch-less summer box office
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- 'Guardians' stays atop cinemas amid worst...
- For gamers, combating online abuse not easy
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- Book review: Teens' battle between light,...
- Salt Lake Comic Con and Utah Symphony present...
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 8
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:... 4
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt wed privately... 3
- Fallon to lead honors as Leno wins top... 2
- Linda & Richard Eyre: How media could... 2
- 10 things to know before going to Salt... 1
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its... 1