We'd need a President — Mitt Romney, our George Washington. Utahns will want to make him king, but he'll say no, of course. Senator Hatch will be his vice president, promising to stay only two terms but not really meaning it.
The state logo: A CTR ring.
This is just scratching the surface of all the details to work out. On second thought, forget the whole thing.
Most of the secessionists are justifying the move by invoking the Declaration of Independence's passage that states, "Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and institute new Government."
Personally, I don't think they meant a word of it, but it seemed like a good idea at the time.
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Judge orders girl to stand trial for...
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases on...
- Top Ten Spring Activities for Utah Families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 104
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 76
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 75
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 61
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 43
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24