We'd need a President — Mitt Romney, our George Washington. Utahns will want to make him king, but he'll say no, of course. Senator Hatch will be his vice president, promising to stay only two terms but not really meaning it.
The state logo: A CTR ring.
This is just scratching the surface of all the details to work out. On second thought, forget the whole thing.
Most of the secessionists are justifying the move by invoking the Declaration of Independence's passage that states, "Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and institute new Government."
Personally, I don't think they meant a word of it, but it seemed like a good idea at the time.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Psychologist calls doctor accused of killing...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Members recall Sister Monson's quiet devotion
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Steven Powell will not be released from...
- LDS Church submits temporary Provo MTC plans...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 59
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 44
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers... 18
- LDS missionary 'stable' following... 17
- New law banning teen drivers from... 16