SANDY — Real Salt Lake announced on Monday that it selected 23-year-old MF Cole Grossman in Monday's Major League Soccer Waiver Draft.
Grossman was drafted by the Columbus Crew in the second round — 28th overall — of the 2011 MLS SuperDraft. He played in two league games during his rookie year and 10 — including five starts — in 2012. The 6-foot, 165-pound player has one goal and zero assists in 512 career MLS minutes.
Grossman played four years at Duke University prior to joining the Crew, scoring 25 goals, registering 24 assists and making two All-ACC teams in 70 career college games.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 82
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25