The Deseret News' annual Christmas writing contest, "Christmas I Remember Best," is accepting entries through Monday, Dec. 3.
The Deseret News is asking readers to write original stories about their most memorable Christmas.
Seven stories will be chosen for publication in the newspaper the week before Christmas, with the final story appearing on Christmas Day. These true-life stories should be original and no more than 800 words. The judges prefer stories that cover a wide range of Christmas experiences, including humor.
Electronic entries emailed to the Deseret News are preferred. Printed hard copies also will be accepted. Handwritten copies must be legible and easy to read. The author's name, address, daytime and evening phone numbers and email address should be included.
Send email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail copies should be addressed to "Christmas Best" c/o Deseret News, P.O. Box 1257, Salt Lake City, UT 84110.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 30
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 29
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 22