We've said this before — the more league games a team plays, rather than getting an extra patsy on its schedule, means an extra chance to lose, which is what happened to Oregon and Kansas State last week.
BASKETBALL BLUES: Finally, if you haven't already noticed, it could be an off year for local college basketball teams.
BYU, Utah State and Weber State each look to be down from last year with early losses. And while Utah should be much improved, the Utes did lose to Sacramento State Friday night. At home, no less.
The guess from here is that none of the aforementioned schools will win conference titles this year, but BYU, USU and WSU will still get 20 wins. Utah, meanwhile, will get double-digit wins, not finish last in the Pac-12 as predicted and not lose more than one in-state game.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 97
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 79
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 64
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43