WASHINGTON — The Houston Dynamo advanced to their second straight MLS Cup final and fourth in seven years, tying D.C. United 1-1 Sunday for a 4-2 aggregate win in the Eastern Conference final.
Boniek Garcia scored in the 33rd minute for the Dynamo, which will play at the Home Depot Center vs. the Los Angeles Galaxy in the final on Dec. 1.
"It's a path we have to take, so if we have to be road warriors the whole time, then that's what's in front of us," Houston goalie Tally Hall said. "We have a job to do, it doesn't matter if it's a friendly or hostile environment."
Branko Boskovic scored in the 83rd minute for D.C., which has not won the MLS Cup since 2004.
SOUNDERS 2, GALAXY 1 (Galaxy advance 4-2 on aggregate): At Seattle, Eddie Johnson and Zach Scott scored to give Seattle a 2-0 lead, but Robbie Keane was awarded and converted a penalty kick in the 68th minute on Sunday night that clinched the Los Angeles Galaxy's 4-2 aggregate victory over the Sounders iand a spot in the MLS Cup final for the second straight year.
Seattle staged a rally trying to come back from a 3-0 deficit after getting overwhelmed in the first leg, and they were on the verge after Johnson's early goal and Scott's header in the 58th minute pulled Seattle within one on aggregate. But referee Mark Geiger, who had been the subject of complaints all night from both sides, called Seattle defender Adam Johansson for a handball in the penalty box and Keane converted his fifth goal of the playoffs.
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- BYU's senior day emotional for Cougar coach...
- Utes drop out of national rankings following...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- Dick Harmon: Regardless of circusmtances,...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 141
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 37
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 36
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 31
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach... 23
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 23
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21