San Francisco, Calif. — The San Francisco Bulls scored at the buzzer in the third period to tie the game at three and went on to defeat the Utah Grizzlies 4-3 in a shootout Sunday at Cow Palace.
After falling behind 1-0 2:57 into the game, Utah tied the contest as Mitch Wahl started his three-point evening with his third goal of the year, knocking in a Kory Falite rebound. Gaelan Patterson extended his scoring streak to three with an assist.
The 1-1 tie held while Utah killed two third period penalties, before scoring a power-play goal of their own 8:24 into the frame as Riley Armstrong found Bryan Cameron in front to give Utah a 2-1 lead as he extended his scoring streak to nine-straight games. Utah made it 3-1 on another power-play goal as Mitch Wahl picked up a turnover and fed Riley Armstrong for a goal on a two-on-owe. Nick Tuzzolino picked up an assist on the play with 2:46 left in the game.
The Bulls made it 3-2 with 2:03 left and tied the contest with 0:00 on the clock in the third period to force overtime. The Grizzlies, playing short and banged up to finish the weekend, outshot the Bulls 19-12 in the third period.
San Francisco scored on their final two shootout attempts to tie the shootout at 2 and take a 3-2 lead before Thomas Heemskerk made a final stop to end the contest.
Utah's Grant Rollheiser stopped 35 of 38 shots through overtime as Utah collected three of the final four points on the weekend series.
Utah returns home Thanksgiving Weekend to host the Alaska Aces on Friday, November 23 and Saturday, November 24. Face-off both nights is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
Adrian Denny Vice President, Communications and Broadcasting Utah Grizzlies Hockey Team (ECHL) [image: GRIZZ-LOGO]
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20