San Francisco, Calif. — The San Francisco Bulls scored at the buzzer in the third period to tie the game at three and went on to defeat the Utah Grizzlies 4-3 in a shootout Sunday at Cow Palace.
After falling behind 1-0 2:57 into the game, Utah tied the contest as Mitch Wahl started his three-point evening with his third goal of the year, knocking in a Kory Falite rebound. Gaelan Patterson extended his scoring streak to three with an assist.
The 1-1 tie held while Utah killed two third period penalties, before scoring a power-play goal of their own 8:24 into the frame as Riley Armstrong found Bryan Cameron in front to give Utah a 2-1 lead as he extended his scoring streak to nine-straight games. Utah made it 3-1 on another power-play goal as Mitch Wahl picked up a turnover and fed Riley Armstrong for a goal on a two-on-owe. Nick Tuzzolino picked up an assist on the play with 2:46 left in the game.
The Bulls made it 3-2 with 2:03 left and tied the contest with 0:00 on the clock in the third period to force overtime. The Grizzlies, playing short and banged up to finish the weekend, outshot the Bulls 19-12 in the third period.
San Francisco scored on their final two shootout attempts to tie the shootout at 2 and take a 3-2 lead before Thomas Heemskerk made a final stop to end the contest.
Utah's Grant Rollheiser stopped 35 of 38 shots through overtime as Utah collected three of the final four points on the weekend series.
Utah returns home Thanksgiving Weekend to host the Alaska Aces on Friday, November 23 and Saturday, November 24. Face-off both nights is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
Adrian Denny Vice President, Communications and Broadcasting Utah Grizzlies Hockey Team (ECHL) [image: GRIZZ-LOGO]
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 147
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 67
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 48
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27