San Francisco, Calif. — The San Francisco Bulls scored at the buzzer in the third period to tie the game at three and went on to defeat the Utah Grizzlies 4-3 in a shootout Sunday at Cow Palace.
After falling behind 1-0 2:57 into the game, Utah tied the contest as Mitch Wahl started his three-point evening with his third goal of the year, knocking in a Kory Falite rebound. Gaelan Patterson extended his scoring streak to three with an assist.
The 1-1 tie held while Utah killed two third period penalties, before scoring a power-play goal of their own 8:24 into the frame as Riley Armstrong found Bryan Cameron in front to give Utah a 2-1 lead as he extended his scoring streak to nine-straight games. Utah made it 3-1 on another power-play goal as Mitch Wahl picked up a turnover and fed Riley Armstrong for a goal on a two-on-owe. Nick Tuzzolino picked up an assist on the play with 2:46 left in the game.
The Bulls made it 3-2 with 2:03 left and tied the contest with 0:00 on the clock in the third period to force overtime. The Grizzlies, playing short and banged up to finish the weekend, outshot the Bulls 19-12 in the third period.
San Francisco scored on their final two shootout attempts to tie the shootout at 2 and take a 3-2 lead before Thomas Heemskerk made a final stop to end the contest.
Utah's Grant Rollheiser stopped 35 of 38 shots through overtime as Utah collected three of the final four points on the weekend series.
Utah returns home Thanksgiving Weekend to host the Alaska Aces on Friday, November 23 and Saturday, November 24. Face-off both nights is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
Adrian Denny Vice President, Communications and Broadcasting Utah Grizzlies Hockey Team (ECHL) [image: GRIZZ-LOGO]
- Utah high schoolers who've reached the Super...
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around as...
- Utes get it done at home again
- Former Utah Jazz guard Deron Williams had...
- Utah Utes still pursuing several big-time...
- BYU basketball analysis: Why the Cougars...
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes still outstanding from...
- Brad Rock: BYU asleep at the switch on... 98
- BYU, Michigan State agree to... 90
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 61
- Dick Harmon: BYU continuing new policy... 55
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU... 51
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 27