Utah State football title guaranteed: Aggies claim share of WAC crown for first time
"You can talk about different guys, but I know this, there are kids in the back end that took great pride (Saturday) in going and getting themselves in a fight against one of the top or best offenses in the country," Andersen said about his physical secondary. "We went toe-to-toe with one of the best wide receivers that I have seen in college football in a long time in (Quinton Patton). When you are playing against a team like this that is averaging the points they are averaging ... you have to understand it and change the game.
"The only way to change that game is to bring pressure and play man coverage."
Keeton scored on a 13-yard run and Diaz added a 30-yard field goal after Tech kick returner D.J. Banks muffed a kickoff.
Keeton added a 25-yard touchdown run in which he juked one Tech defender and plowed through another to take a 34-10 lead.
Utah State had its third 24-point advantage at 41-17, but the Bulldogs stormed back to score 24 unanswered points in 15:48.
Banks returned a kickoff 98 yards before Kenneth Dixon and Hunter Lee added touchdown runs.
Tech's comeback appeared over when Doughty intercepted a pass with five minutes remaining and a 41-31 edge.
"First of all, Jake is one of those examples of who we are," Andersen said. "He has belief. He is tough, aggressive, a never-say-die young man.
"He made a lot of plays, did a lot of great things, walked on with this program and believed in me. ... For him to make those plays is awesome."
But the Bulldogs responded by forcing a quick punt, and Tech drove 86 yards in just eight plays that ended with the Lee touchdown run.
Utah State couldn't pick up a first down on the next possession, and Tech drove 62 yards to set up a Matt Nelson 32-yard field goal as time expired to send the game to overtime.
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Utah Jazz select Baylor forward Taurean...
- Magic land Serge Ibaka in draft-night trade...
- 76ers take Ben Simmons with No. 1 pick in NBA...
- Pistorius shown in TV interview ahead of...
- NFL to interview Matthew, Peppers, Harrison...
- North Carolina AD: School will respond to...
- Championship ring: President calls Cavs coach...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 163
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 68
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 55
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 40
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 32
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 32
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 20
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19