With a few strokes of his pen, Robert Anderson of Maryland has managed to insult hundreds of thousands of Utahns, assuming that we "slavishly" voted for Mitt Romney and can't think for ourselves ("Mitt Romney said anything to win" Nov. 9).
The people of Maryland voted for Obama by close to the same percentage as Utahns voted for Romney, so according to Mr. Anderson's logic, they slavishly supported Obama. I feel good about voting for a smart, successful man who shares my values.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Why so many Americans find Trump and...
- My view: Obama's speech at mosque and...
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: What's behind water funding travesty
- Drew Clark: Worried about Republican...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 34
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 32
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24
- Rely on invisible hand? 24
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third... 22