BYU basketball: Florida State takes a win over BYU in Coaches vs Cancer Classic semifinal
Kathy Kmonicek, AP
NEW YORK -- Okaro White scored 17 points and Florida State made 11 3-pointers in an 88-70 victory over BYU in the Coaches vs, Cancer Classic semifinals on Friday night at the Barclays Center.
The Seminoles came into the game shooting 38.5 percent from 3-point range but they made 11 of 20 as they led by as many as 27 points in the second half. They shot 58.0 percent (29 for 50) from the field overall while holding down a BYU offense that came in averaging 80.5 points per game.
Florida State (2-1) will play the winner of the game between No. 20 Notre Dame and Saint Joseph's in Saturday night's championship game.
Tyler Haws had 23 points, nine rebounds and five assists for the Cougars (2-1) who were within 50-43 with 17:30 to play. The Seminoles went on a 13-0 run making all three of their 3-point attempts, two by Michael Snaer.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26