BYU basketball: Florida State takes a win over BYU in Coaches vs Cancer Classic semifinal
Kathy Kmonicek, AP
NEW YORK -- Okaro White scored 17 points and Florida State made 11 3-pointers in an 88-70 victory over BYU in the Coaches vs, Cancer Classic semifinals on Friday night at the Barclays Center.
The Seminoles came into the game shooting 38.5 percent from 3-point range but they made 11 of 20 as they led by as many as 27 points in the second half. They shot 58.0 percent (29 for 50) from the field overall while holding down a BYU offense that came in averaging 80.5 points per game.
Florida State (2-1) will play the winner of the game between No. 20 Notre Dame and Saint Joseph's in Saturday night's championship game.
Tyler Haws had 23 points, nine rebounds and five assists for the Cougars (2-1) who were within 50-43 with 17:30 to play. The Seminoles went on a 13-0 run making all three of their 3-point attempts, two by Michael Snaer.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 63
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 21