BYU basketball: Florida State takes a win over BYU in Coaches vs Cancer Classic semifinal
Kathy Kmonicek, AP
NEW YORK -- Okaro White scored 17 points and Florida State made 11 3-pointers in an 88-70 victory over BYU in the Coaches vs, Cancer Classic semifinals on Friday night at the Barclays Center.
The Seminoles came into the game shooting 38.5 percent from 3-point range but they made 11 of 20 as they led by as many as 27 points in the second half. They shot 58.0 percent (29 for 50) from the field overall while holding down a BYU offense that came in averaging 80.5 points per game.
Florida State (2-1) will play the winner of the game between No. 20 Notre Dame and Saint Joseph's in Saturday night's championship game.
Tyler Haws had 23 points, nine rebounds and five assists for the Cougars (2-1) who were within 50-43 with 17:30 to play. The Seminoles went on a 13-0 run making all three of their 3-point attempts, two by Michael Snaer.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 90
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 75
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 46
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34