Tom Smart, Deseret News
Salt Lake City Fire Department Battalion Chief Mike Andrew retired Wednesday after 39 years of service. Andrew joined SLCFD on Feb. 1, 1974. Andrew is the fourth member of his family to serve the residents of Salt Lake City. His father, "Jack" Andrew, started the tradition when he became a Salt Lake firefighter on July 10, 1941. Jack Andrew served for 37 years, retiring in 1978. Mike Andrew's brothers John and Jim were also Salt Lake City firefighters. The Andrew family dedicated more than 108 years as firefighters serving Salt Lake City.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Orem police invest in new armor to protect...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 26
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10