Tom Smart, Deseret News
Salt Lake City Fire Department Battalion Chief Mike Andrew retired Wednesday after 39 years of service. Andrew joined SLCFD on Feb. 1, 1974. Andrew is the fourth member of his family to serve the residents of Salt Lake City. His father, "Jack" Andrew, started the tradition when he became a Salt Lake firefighter on July 10, 1941. Jack Andrew served for 37 years, retiring in 1978. Mike Andrew's brothers John and Jim were also Salt Lake City firefighters. The Andrew family dedicated more than 108 years as firefighters serving Salt Lake City.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8