Tom Smart, Deseret News
Salt Lake City Fire Department Battalion Chief Mike Andrew retired Wednesday after 39 years of service. Andrew joined SLCFD on Feb. 1, 1974. Andrew is the fourth member of his family to serve the residents of Salt Lake City. His father, "Jack" Andrew, started the tradition when he became a Salt Lake firefighter on July 10, 1941. Jack Andrew served for 37 years, retiring in 1978. Mike Andrew's brothers John and Jim were also Salt Lake City firefighters. The Andrew family dedicated more than 108 years as firefighters serving Salt Lake City.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 35
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17