Tom Smart, Deseret News
Salt Lake City Fire Department Battalion Chief Mike Andrew retired Wednesday after 39 years of service. Andrew joined SLCFD on Feb. 1, 1974. Andrew is the fourth member of his family to serve the residents of Salt Lake City. His father, "Jack" Andrew, started the tradition when he became a Salt Lake firefighter on July 10, 1941. Jack Andrew served for 37 years, retiring in 1978. Mike Andrew's brothers John and Jim were also Salt Lake City firefighters. The Andrew family dedicated more than 108 years as firefighters serving Salt Lake City.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 78
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 25
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Granite School District reaches... 18