Tom Smart, Deseret News
Salt Lake City Fire Department Battalion Chief Mike Andrew retired Wednesday after 39 years of service. Andrew joined SLCFD on Feb. 1, 1974. Andrew is the fourth member of his family to serve the residents of Salt Lake City. His father, "Jack" Andrew, started the tradition when he became a Salt Lake firefighter on July 10, 1941. Jack Andrew served for 37 years, retiring in 1978. Mike Andrew's brothers John and Jim were also Salt Lake City firefighters. The Andrew family dedicated more than 108 years as firefighters serving Salt Lake City.
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12