Letter: Thanksgiving season, recent struggles serve as reminders for us to be grateful
The most glorious autumn ever has given way to an exquisite blanket of snow and is ushering in the Thanksgiving season.
It is heart-wrenching to see the struggles of our country in the aftermath of hurricane Sandy, and it stirs deep feelings of gratitude for everyday, take-for-granted things like heat, lighting, clean running water, fresh food, friends and loved ones.
I echo Robert Brault when he said, "Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.' "
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 71
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 65
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 45
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 40
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23