Letter: Thanksgiving season, recent struggles serve as reminders for us to be grateful
The most glorious autumn ever has given way to an exquisite blanket of snow and is ushering in the Thanksgiving season.
It is heart-wrenching to see the struggles of our country in the aftermath of hurricane Sandy, and it stirs deep feelings of gratitude for everyday, take-for-granted things like heat, lighting, clean running water, fresh food, friends and loved ones.
I echo Robert Brault when he said, "Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.' "
Salt Lake City
- About Utah: They got exactly what they wished...
- Letter: Shredded Constitution
- My view: TPA trade agreement counts as...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies undertaken...
- Letter: Land for the young people
- Letter: Sovereign flag
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: 7 inconsistencies...
- In our opinion: After court's marriage...
- Letter: Shredded Constitution 58
- Letter: Sovereign flag 44
- In our opinion: After court's marriage... 42
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: 7... 38
- In our opinion: In wake of ACA ruling,... 29
- George F. Will: Chief Justice John... 22
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies... 19
- Sistas in Zion: Reaction to racial... 18