Letter: Thanksgiving season, recent struggles serve as reminders for us to be grateful
The most glorious autumn ever has given way to an exquisite blanket of snow and is ushering in the Thanksgiving season.
It is heart-wrenching to see the struggles of our country in the aftermath of hurricane Sandy, and it stirs deep feelings of gratitude for everyday, take-for-granted things like heat, lighting, clean running water, fresh food, friends and loved ones.
I echo Robert Brault when he said, "Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.' "
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with...
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to Hitler?
- Letter: Religious freedom
- Endangered Species Act lost sight of its mission
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod
- My view: History lesson: 'Taking back'...
- Who are the real heroes of election reform?
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 66
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 50
- Obama's biggest test: Ukraine 33
- Robert Bennett: Keystone: What... 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 27
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 27