Letter: Thanksgiving season, recent struggles serve as reminders for us to be grateful
The most glorious autumn ever has given way to an exquisite blanket of snow and is ushering in the Thanksgiving season.
It is heart-wrenching to see the struggles of our country in the aftermath of hurricane Sandy, and it stirs deep feelings of gratitude for everyday, take-for-granted things like heat, lighting, clean running water, fresh food, friends and loved ones.
I echo Robert Brault when he said, "Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.' "
Salt Lake City
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- Catherine Rampell: Reasons behind the bad...
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- In our opinion: Let FAA, not Utah...
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by focusing on...
- My view: Don't make women optional in marriage
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 104
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 100
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 66
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 45
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 39
- A. Scott Anderson: Energy development... 32
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 28