Letter: Thanksgiving season, recent struggles serve as reminders for us to be grateful
The most glorious autumn ever has given way to an exquisite blanket of snow and is ushering in the Thanksgiving season.
It is heart-wrenching to see the struggles of our country in the aftermath of hurricane Sandy, and it stirs deep feelings of gratitude for everyday, take-for-granted things like heat, lighting, clean running water, fresh food, friends and loved ones.
I echo Robert Brault when he said, "Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.' "
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- Letter: Envision Utah scam
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's proposed...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on Mexican...
- Five principles to help guide public... 111
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's... 79
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 69
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 42
- Letter: Human body 41
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 39
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 37
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 31