Letter: Mitt Romney's defeat was due to a misguided campaign and his own ill-advised comments
I couldn't disagree more with Paul Taylor's opinion that Romney was done in by the Republican primary battles ("Primaries reason for loss," Nov. 12). There is overwhelming evidence Romney's defeat was due to a misguided campaign and his own ill-advised comments.
Primary campaigns have consequences, but the heated Democratic primaries in 2008 didn't keep Obama from winning the general election or patching things up with the Clintons, and they had little or no effect on this year's presidential race.
I agree with Taylor, though, on the advisability of Marco Rubio's cachet in Republican politics. As for his suggestion that the GOP select its presidential candidate now and groom him or her for 2016, good luck with that.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Robert J. Samuelson: Government programs...
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 63
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 59
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 41
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 34
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Letter: Foreign aid 18
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid 14