Letter: Mitt Romney's defeat was due to a misguided campaign and his own ill-advised comments
I couldn't disagree more with Paul Taylor's opinion that Romney was done in by the Republican primary battles ("Primaries reason for loss," Nov. 12). There is overwhelming evidence Romney's defeat was due to a misguided campaign and his own ill-advised comments.
Primary campaigns have consequences, but the heated Democratic primaries in 2008 didn't keep Obama from winning the general election or patching things up with the Clintons, and they had little or no effect on this year's presidential race.
I agree with Taylor, though, on the advisability of Marco Rubio's cachet in Republican politics. As for his suggestion that the GOP select its presidential candidate now and groom him or her for 2016, good luck with that.
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules...
- Letter: A worldwide message
- John Florez: Education is 'app' to change...
- Letter: No end in sight
- In our opinion: Becky Lockhart's tributes are...
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the Union...
- A. Scott Anderson: Taking Utah into Top 10...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 70
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- In our opinion: How immigration reform... 43
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Obama's broadband... 36
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 34
- Letter: Not so lazy 33
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31