Letter: Mitt Romney's defeat was due to a misguided campaign and his own ill-advised comments
I couldn't disagree more with Paul Taylor's opinion that Romney was done in by the Republican primary battles ("Primaries reason for loss," Nov. 12). There is overwhelming evidence Romney's defeat was due to a misguided campaign and his own ill-advised comments.
Primary campaigns have consequences, but the heated Democratic primaries in 2008 didn't keep Obama from winning the general election or patching things up with the Clintons, and they had little or no effect on this year's presidential race.
I agree with Taylor, though, on the advisability of Marco Rubio's cachet in Republican politics. As for his suggestion that the GOP select its presidential candidate now and groom him or her for 2016, good luck with that.
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's foreign...
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- In our opinion: Looking upward, seeking...
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in the...
- Letter: End daylight saving time
- Robert Bennett: Compromise will morph into...
- Benefit Corporations: Why aren't Utah...
- Libertarian wave wins big at CPAC
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's... 56
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 34
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 34
- Letter: End daylight saving time 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 30
- Letter: A 'dying' document 27
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in... 26
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod 21