Letter: Mitt Romney's defeat was due to a misguided campaign and his own ill-advised comments
I couldn't disagree more with Paul Taylor's opinion that Romney was done in by the Republican primary battles ("Primaries reason for loss," Nov. 12). There is overwhelming evidence Romney's defeat was due to a misguided campaign and his own ill-advised comments.
Primary campaigns have consequences, but the heated Democratic primaries in 2008 didn't keep Obama from winning the general election or patching things up with the Clintons, and they had little or no effect on this year's presidential race.
I agree with Taylor, though, on the advisability of Marco Rubio's cachet in Republican politics. As for his suggestion that the GOP select its presidential candidate now and groom him or her for 2016, good luck with that.
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- In our opinion: Legislators need to better...
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- My view: Get insurance out of health care
- My view: Is the Division of Water Resources...
- In our opinion: Why it's important to note...
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and assisted...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be...
- Americans are skeptical that government... 58
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 54
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 44
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 33
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Trump and Sanders 22