Letter: Mitt Romney's defeat was due to a misguided campaign and his own ill-advised comments
I couldn't disagree more with Paul Taylor's opinion that Romney was done in by the Republican primary battles ("Primaries reason for loss," Nov. 12). There is overwhelming evidence Romney's defeat was due to a misguided campaign and his own ill-advised comments.
Primary campaigns have consequences, but the heated Democratic primaries in 2008 didn't keep Obama from winning the general election or patching things up with the Clintons, and they had little or no effect on this year's presidential race.
I agree with Taylor, though, on the advisability of Marco Rubio's cachet in Republican politics. As for his suggestion that the GOP select its presidential candidate now and groom him or her for 2016, good luck with that.
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude...
- Letter: Growing party divide
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, ride sharing is...
- In our opinion: Smoking aside, Utah can still...
- Lois M. Collins: Daddy-daughter duo turn trip...
- My view: Education is the key to our state's...
- In our opinion: 70 mph — driving at the...
- In our opinion: Keystone Pipeline... 67
- Letter: Where jobs come from 64
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 50
- Letter: Growing party divide 44
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 35
- Letter: Speed limit increase 26
- Robert Bennett: It looks to be a good... 23