Letter: Mitt Romney's defeat was due to a misguided campaign and his own ill-advised comments
I couldn't disagree more with Paul Taylor's opinion that Romney was done in by the Republican primary battles ("Primaries reason for loss," Nov. 12). There is overwhelming evidence Romney's defeat was due to a misguided campaign and his own ill-advised comments.
Primary campaigns have consequences, but the heated Democratic primaries in 2008 didn't keep Obama from winning the general election or patching things up with the Clintons, and they had little or no effect on this year's presidential race.
I agree with Taylor, though, on the advisability of Marco Rubio's cachet in Republican politics. As for his suggestion that the GOP select its presidential candidate now and groom him or her for 2016, good luck with that.
- Doug Robinson: When money speaks louder than...
- My view: Campaign finance system is broken
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- Letter: Federal law violated
- On Second Thought: Donald Trump, Chris...
- My view: Honest debates are worth the...
- Letter: Religion in office
- Robert J. Samuelson: Massive debt and little...