Letter: President Obama should offer a cabinet level position to both Jon Huntsman Jr. and Mitt Romney
Jim Cole, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Now that the 2012 presidential election is over, and Barack Obama has won a second-term as president, I am mindful that it is not just a one man effort; that is why we have a presidential administration — many advisers working for joint success.
Cabinet secretaries are essentially specialists in their own spheres of supervision, who oversee their areas of activity and report their progress to the president via a chain of command.
I hope that President Obama nominates Jon Huntsman Jr. as our nation's next secretary of state. He speaks fluent Mandarin Chinese and is well respected across the globe — a true natural for that job.
In addition, I also hope that President Obama offers former Gov. Mitt Romney a cabinet position. Granted, it shouldn't be something foreign to Romney, such as secretary of agriculture. I believe the major viable options for Romney would be secretary of commerce or secretary of the treasury.
I hope that President Obama will extend such an offer of a cabinet level position to both Huntsman and to Romney.
Our nation needs to pull together — not fracture apart.
- Ralph Hancock: 'Reason' is difficult to...
- In our opinion: The breach between mass...
- Letter: Removing rights
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second...
- David Blankenhorn: Overcoming the blindness...
- Letter: Excess political science
- Drew Clark: Deeply felt religious faith, of...
- Letter: We deserve better
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second... 91
- In our opinion: The breach between mass... 60
- Letter: Greater security 51
- Letter: Removing rights 43
- Letter: Excess political science 35
- Letter: Our French Revolution 32
- Ralph Hancock: 'Reason' is difficult to... 29
- In our opinion: Suspended Alaskan oil... 26