Letter: President Obama should offer a cabinet level position to both Jon Huntsman Jr. and Mitt Romney
Jim Cole, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Now that the 2012 presidential election is over, and Barack Obama has won a second-term as president, I am mindful that it is not just a one man effort; that is why we have a presidential administration — many advisers working for joint success.
Cabinet secretaries are essentially specialists in their own spheres of supervision, who oversee their areas of activity and report their progress to the president via a chain of command.
I hope that President Obama nominates Jon Huntsman Jr. as our nation's next secretary of state. He speaks fluent Mandarin Chinese and is well respected across the globe — a true natural for that job.
In addition, I also hope that President Obama offers former Gov. Mitt Romney a cabinet position. Granted, it shouldn't be something foreign to Romney, such as secretary of agriculture. I believe the major viable options for Romney would be secretary of commerce or secretary of the treasury.
I hope that President Obama will extend such an offer of a cabinet level position to both Huntsman and to Romney.
Our nation needs to pull together — not fracture apart.
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new, less...
- David McAllister-Wilson: The joy of Christian...
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate
- Robert J. Samuelson: Long-term unemployment...
- In our opinion: Tax code is 3.7 million words...
- The year so far told through political cartoons
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in...
- In our opinion: Obamacare's 'success'... 88
- Charles Krauthammer: Defend the... 50
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Why the... 50
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in... 49
- Robert Bennett: Making our own spending... 40
- Letter: Money is not speech 36
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Chris Brinton: Injunction against... 21