Charlres Dharapak, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Having just watched President Barack Obama's news conference, I believe I discerned two important messages from the president to all Republicans:
1. I am the President and you are not. Get over it.
2. Regarding the "fiscal cliff," you have been outmaneuvered at every turn. You are now painted into a corner. Either you get in line and do as I wish, or I will drive this bus off the cliff and you will get the blame.
If you do get in line, I will say some nice things about you and maybe throw you a bone or two.
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- Dan Liljenquist: The economic impact of...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- My view: Utah's Constitution requires state...
- Perceptions of Obama and his policies at home...
- Capitalism and the common good: Fairness,...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 79
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 47
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 38
- Capitalism and the common good:... 37
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the... 36