Charlres Dharapak, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Having just watched President Barack Obama's news conference, I believe I discerned two important messages from the president to all Republicans:
1. I am the President and you are not. Get over it.
2. Regarding the "fiscal cliff," you have been outmaneuvered at every turn. You are now painted into a corner. Either you get in line and do as I wish, or I will drive this bus off the cliff and you will get the blame.
If you do get in line, I will say some nice things about you and maybe throw you a bone or two.
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on...
- Drew Clark: Can the Supreme Court find...
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified rhetoric
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: We can't help...
- Letter: We can do better
- In our opinion: Navajo Nation looks to combat...
- Peter Corroon: Generalizations about liberals...
- John Florez: Teach our children the love of...
- Richard Davis: A historic moment for... 60
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling... 59
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 36
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts... 26
- Letter: We can do better 26
- Letter: Pledge for respect 24
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800... 22
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on... 20