Charlres Dharapak, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Having just watched President Barack Obama's news conference, I believe I discerned two important messages from the president to all Republicans:
1. I am the President and you are not. Get over it.
2. Regarding the "fiscal cliff," you have been outmaneuvered at every turn. You are now painted into a corner. Either you get in line and do as I wish, or I will drive this bus off the cliff and you will get the blame.
If you do get in line, I will say some nice things about you and maybe throw you a bone or two.
- Doug Robinson: When money speaks louder than...
- My view: Campaign finance system is broken
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- Letter: Federal law violated
- On Second Thought: Donald Trump, Chris...
- My view: Honest debates are worth the...
- Letter: Religion in office
- Robert J. Samuelson: Massive debt and little...