Charlres Dharapak, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Having just watched President Barack Obama's news conference, I believe I discerned two important messages from the president to all Republicans:
1. I am the President and you are not. Get over it.
2. Regarding the "fiscal cliff," you have been outmaneuvered at every turn. You are now painted into a corner. Either you get in line and do as I wish, or I will drive this bus off the cliff and you will get the blame.
If you do get in line, I will say some nice things about you and maybe throw you a bone or two.
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid with a...
- My view: Women’s equality — 95...
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- Letter: 20th-century achievements
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do with...
- Letter: Appalling attitude 84
- George F. Will: Immigration-related... 57
- Letter: Big money in politics 44
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 43
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 39
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 38
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 34