Charlres Dharapak, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Having just watched President Barack Obama's news conference, I believe I discerned two important messages from the president to all Republicans:
1. I am the President and you are not. Get over it.
2. Regarding the "fiscal cliff," you have been outmaneuvered at every turn. You are now painted into a corner. Either you get in line and do as I wish, or I will drive this bus off the cliff and you will get the blame.
If you do get in line, I will say some nice things about you and maybe throw you a bone or two.
- Letter: Act with love, not fear
- In our opinion: Utah is abundantly richer for...
- Derek B. Miller: Stop playing politics with...
- Michael Gerson: The Trump effect on the GOP...
- My view: Bring back the blacksmith: A case...
- Doug Robinson: The Iron Lady of Utah
- Letter: The truly needy
- Letter: Board member resignation