Charlres Dharapak, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Having just watched President Barack Obama's news conference, I believe I discerned two important messages from the president to all Republicans:
1. I am the President and you are not. Get over it.
2. Regarding the "fiscal cliff," you have been outmaneuvered at every turn. You are now painted into a corner. Either you get in line and do as I wish, or I will drive this bus off the cliff and you will get the blame.
If you do get in line, I will say some nice things about you and maybe throw you a bone or two.
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules...
- Letter: A worldwide message
- John Florez: Education is 'app' to change...
- In our opinion: Becky Lockhart's tributes are...
- Letter: No end in sight
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the Union...
- A. Scott Anderson: Taking Utah into Top 10...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 70
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- In our opinion: How immigration reform... 43
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Obama's broadband... 36
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 34
- Letter: Not so lazy 33
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31