WASHINGTON — The top Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee says he would do all he could to block the nomination of Susan Rice to be secretary of State.
Sen. John McCain of Arizona on Wednesday criticized the current U.N. ambassador over comments she made after the deadly Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. Five days after the attack, Rice said the attack was the result of an angry response to an anti-Muslim video.
Administration officials have indicated that President Barack Obama is considering Rice as a replacement for Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.
Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina told reporters at a Capitol Hill news conference that he doesn't trust Rice.
- The 20 most innovative tech hubs in America...
- 17 years later, parents find kidnapped...
- 34 of the best Lemony Snicket quotes
- Couple married 67 years dies holding hands
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Congress OKs 1-week bill to keep Homeland...
- Prominent Russian opposition figure Boris...
- Debates rage over color of dress photographed...
- Defying GOP, Obama vetoes Keystone XL... 51
- FCC approves 'net neutrality' rules for... 26
- Congress OKs 1-week bill to keep... 23
- Clinton says she would push... 16
- Democrats caught between Obama,... 16
- Calling for cooperation, Obama engages... 15
- 'Jihadi John' seen in beheading videos... 13
- Leonard Nimoy, famous as Mr. Spock on... 13