WASHINGTON — The top Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee says he would do all he could to block the nomination of Susan Rice to be secretary of State.
Sen. John McCain of Arizona on Wednesday criticized the current U.N. ambassador over comments she made after the deadly Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. Five days after the attack, Rice said the attack was the result of an angry response to an anti-Muslim video.
Administration officials have indicated that President Barack Obama is considering Rice as a replacement for Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.
Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina told reporters at a Capitol Hill news conference that he doesn't trust Rice.
- See which books were most frequently...
- Creeping landslide devouring part of Jackson,...
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Photo gallery: Celebrating Easter across the...
- Public smoke-out marks pot holiday in Colorado
- Jelly beans, chocolate and plastic eggs:...
- Boy Scout, 12, killed when log rolls over him...
- 'Captain America' tops box office for third week
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 48
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 30
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 29
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 25
- Police: Student ate more pot than... 20
- Sentenced but never jailed, robber who... 17
- Supreme Court weighs ban on false... 15
- Get married, stay married? No fault... 15