WASHINGTON — The top Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee says he would do all he could to block the nomination of Susan Rice to be secretary of State.
Sen. John McCain of Arizona on Wednesday criticized the current U.N. ambassador over comments she made after the deadly Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. Five days after the attack, Rice said the attack was the result of an angry response to an anti-Muslim video.
Administration officials have indicated that President Barack Obama is considering Rice as a replacement for Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.
Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina told reporters at a Capitol Hill news conference that he doesn't trust Rice.
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Virus expert sees 'silver lining' in Ebola...
- The poorest of the poor in many Third World...
- Indiana man's confession leads to 7 bodies
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social Security
- Oscar Pistorius starts serving 5-year prison...
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Africa and...
- This type of high school can increase your...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 40
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 23
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 22
- Official: 2nd worker isolated within 90... 21
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 20
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 9