WASHINGTON — The top Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee says he would do all he could to block the nomination of Susan Rice to be secretary of State.
Sen. John McCain of Arizona on Wednesday criticized the current U.N. ambassador over comments she made after the deadly Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. Five days after the attack, Rice said the attack was the result of an angry response to an anti-Muslim video.
Administration officials have indicated that President Barack Obama is considering Rice as a replacement for Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.
Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina told reporters at a Capitol Hill news conference that he doesn't trust Rice.
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Feds chase treasure hunter turned fugitive
- 24-year-old American in North Korea sentenced...
- Miss New York chosen as Miss America 2015
- Britain mourns aid worker slain by Islamic...
- Video released showing beheading of British...
- Pa. State Police identify trooper killed in...
- Top colleges that take rich and poor kids
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 57
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- US, Arab allies committed to fighting... 15
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 14
- Faith groups speak out against Obama's... 13
- Ted Cruz was booed off stage for... 13
- Officials: No threat of Islamic State... 12
- Putin: Russia to focus on new offensive... 10