WASHINGTON — The top Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee says he would do all he could to block the nomination of Susan Rice to be secretary of State.
Sen. John McCain of Arizona on Wednesday criticized the current U.N. ambassador over comments she made after the deadly Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. Five days after the attack, Rice said the attack was the result of an angry response to an anti-Muslim video.
Administration officials have indicated that President Barack Obama is considering Rice as a replacement for Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.
Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina told reporters at a Capitol Hill news conference that he doesn't trust Rice.
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters in...
- Ferguson businesses torched in overnight...
- Rubber chickens, afros and clowns: A look at...
- In New Zealand, feud over fate of 1902 corpse...
- Grand jury won't indict Ferguson cop in shooting
- Immigration reform will boost the economy,...
- Latinos are 'very optimistic' about America's...
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 64
- Grand jury won't indict Ferguson cop in... 30
- Obama: Americans want 'new car smell'... 29
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal... 18
- Winners and losers under Obama's... 18
- Under pressure, Hagel steps down as... 15
- Boehner: 'We will not stand idle' on... 14
- Ferguson businesses torched in... 14