I am so grateful for the Revolutionary War that was fought for our religious and political rights. We are free to choose who we will pray to and how we vote.
After this last presidential election, I was reprimanded by friends for not "falling in line" and voting with the party. If I remember history correctly, Adolf Hitler demanded that everyone "fall in line" and become a member of the Nazi party.
As free-thinking people, it is important that we look at the issues — not the party. We need to question everything that politicians, television anchors and radio commentators say. We can have differences and still be friends. Our differences make us unique and our similarities make us united.
If our friends shun us for having an opposing position, whatever the topic, then it is time to get new friends.
- 16 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- In our opinion: It's time to end the federal...
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize...
- Letter: Prison nonsense
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- Letter: Is hard work unorthodox?
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 57
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 30
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 27
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21
- Letter: Pay for your share 20