I am so grateful for the Revolutionary War that was fought for our religious and political rights. We are free to choose who we will pray to and how we vote.
After this last presidential election, I was reprimanded by friends for not "falling in line" and voting with the party. If I remember history correctly, Adolf Hitler demanded that everyone "fall in line" and become a member of the Nazi party.
As free-thinking people, it is important that we look at the issues — not the party. We need to question everything that politicians, television anchors and radio commentators say. We can have differences and still be friends. Our differences make us unique and our similarities make us united.
If our friends shun us for having an opposing position, whatever the topic, then it is time to get new friends.
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move —...
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- My view: Doing away with cursive is bad idea...
- My view: In the name of God?
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 62
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 43
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30