I am so grateful for the Revolutionary War that was fought for our religious and political rights. We are free to choose who we will pray to and how we vote.
After this last presidential election, I was reprimanded by friends for not "falling in line" and voting with the party. If I remember history correctly, Adolf Hitler demanded that everyone "fall in line" and become a member of the Nazi party.
As free-thinking people, it is important that we look at the issues — not the party. We need to question everything that politicians, television anchors and radio commentators say. We can have differences and still be friends. Our differences make us unique and our similarities make us united.
If our friends shun us for having an opposing position, whatever the topic, then it is time to get new friends.
- Jay Evensen: Can Chaffetz fix the Postal...
- My View: Protecting Moab through a Master...
- Arthur Cyr: How Harry Potter creator trumps...
- Jay Evensen: Be forgiving, you might live longer
- In our opinion: Drone use must be regulated...
- Kathleen Parker: Has penitent sinner Trump...
- Dan Liljenquist: Ignoring basic economics in...
- Letter: Founders and 2nd Amendment
- Letter: Founders and 2nd Amendment 93
- Letter: Register kitchen knives 44
- Letter: Climate change disagreements 42
- Letter: Knowledge about guns 30
- In our opinion: Leaders must do what... 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Ignoring basic... 28
- Kathleen Parker: Has penitent sinner... 25
- In our opinion: California considering... 25