I am so grateful for the Revolutionary War that was fought for our religious and political rights. We are free to choose who we will pray to and how we vote.
After this last presidential election, I was reprimanded by friends for not "falling in line" and voting with the party. If I remember history correctly, Adolf Hitler demanded that everyone "fall in line" and become a member of the Nazi party.
As free-thinking people, it is important that we look at the issues — not the party. We need to question everything that politicians, television anchors and radio commentators say. We can have differences and still be friends. Our differences make us unique and our similarities make us united.
If our friends shun us for having an opposing position, whatever the topic, then it is time to get new friends.
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA fool you...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: After change to state pension...
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- Letter: Methane benefits
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 71
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 60
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 44
- Letter: Human body 41
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 38
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 26
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25