I am so grateful for the Revolutionary War that was fought for our religious and political rights. We are free to choose who we will pray to and how we vote.
After this last presidential election, I was reprimanded by friends for not "falling in line" and voting with the party. If I remember history correctly, Adolf Hitler demanded that everyone "fall in line" and become a member of the Nazi party.
As free-thinking people, it is important that we look at the issues — not the party. We need to question everything that politicians, television anchors and radio commentators say. We can have differences and still be friends. Our differences make us unique and our similarities make us united.
If our friends shun us for having an opposing position, whatever the topic, then it is time to get new friends.
- President Boyd K. Packer — 'defender'...
- In our opinion: Declaration of Independence...
- My view: Everything you think you know about...
- Letter: Patriotism has not died
- In our opinion: Supreme Court ruling for...
- Letter: The Fourth
- My view: Move the prison for the sake of...
- Greg Bell: Smartphones, tablets, laptops are...
- Letter: Disregarding liberty, laws 51
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 41
- Letter: Trump’s chances 35
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies... 31
- Richard Davis: Time to fix Obamacare... 29
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 26
- Letter: Patriotism has not died 24
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21