I am so grateful for the Revolutionary War that was fought for our religious and political rights. We are free to choose who we will pray to and how we vote.
After this last presidential election, I was reprimanded by friends for not "falling in line" and voting with the party. If I remember history correctly, Adolf Hitler demanded that everyone "fall in line" and become a member of the Nazi party.
As free-thinking people, it is important that we look at the issues — not the party. We need to question everything that politicians, television anchors and radio commentators say. We can have differences and still be friends. Our differences make us unique and our similarities make us united.
If our friends shun us for having an opposing position, whatever the topic, then it is time to get new friends.
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's foreign...
- 10 children's movies with rumored political...
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in the...
- My view: SB54 will politically and culturally...
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- In our opinion: Obama's immigration...
- Letter: End daylight saving time
- Libertarian wave wins big at CPAC
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's... 58
- Letter: End daylight saving time 39
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 35
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 34
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 31
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in... 29
- Letter: A 'dying' document 27
- In our opinion: Obama's immigration... 22