How many times have you seen a liberal and a conservative talk at each other without actually understanding each other?
Is it possible that the worldviews that drive liberalism and conservatism have diverged so much that people on each side cannot have a meaningful conversation about moral, ethical and policy issues where they actually understand each other and can find points of agreement?
The evidence in public discourse suggests that it is not possible anymore.
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with...
- Letter: Religious freedom
- Doug Robinson: Utah man discovers powerful...
- In our opinion: Maintaining balance
- My view: Adoption legislation: Children...
- Jay Evensen: Don't mess with a great Utah...
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 65
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 46
- Obama's biggest test: Ukraine 33
- Robert Bennett: Keystone: What... 32
- Michael Gerson: The GOP needs to... 22
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 22