How many times have you seen a liberal and a conservative talk at each other without actually understanding each other?
Is it possible that the worldviews that drive liberalism and conservatism have diverged so much that people on each side cannot have a meaningful conversation about moral, ethical and policy issues where they actually understand each other and can find points of agreement?
The evidence in public discourse suggests that it is not possible anymore.
- My view: History lesson — 'Taking back'...
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- In our opinion: With caucus compromise, Utah...
- John Florez: Education — Big government...
- Letter: A 'dying' document
- In our opinion: Prison relocation iffy
- Letter: Religious freedom
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to Hitler?
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 67
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 53
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 30
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 30
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod 21