On Monday, May 26, 1834, the Camp of Israel, later known as Zion's Camp, marched through the little town of Paris, Ill.
Conditions were very challenging, particularly the heat and lack of good drinking water.
The Prophet Joseph Smith's published history notes: "A very hot day. We traveled through Paris and across a sixteen mile prairie; at noon we stopped to bait at a slough, about six miles from the timber, having no water to drink but such as was filled with living animals commonly called wigglers, and as we did not like to swallow them we strained the water before using it."
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is better...
- LDS Church continues to grow in Cambodia
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 25
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is... 16
- Defending the Faith: But what of those... 10
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house... 8
- The IRS agrees to investigate churches... 7
- New features at Ogden Temple reception... 6
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5