Eric Gay, AP
The election sent a message to the GOP but not the one that many people think. They do not need to stop being who they are. They need to soften the offensive rhetoric that sometimes permeates from those who pretend to lead the party.
No more comments about pregnancy and rape. Drop phrases like, "what part of illegal don't you understand?" Remove the word "amnesty" from the vocabulary and the platform.
Don't stop being who you are, just change how you say it. Focus on the problems and find solutions. Doing so will remove the talking points of the Democratic party and enlarge the GOP tent. Americans are sick of old and tired rhetoric. They want things fixed.
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second...
- Letter: Greater security
- In our opinion: Suspended Alaskan oil drilling
- My view: Utah should not raise minimum wage
- Jay Evensen: Here's why we should fear...
- Letter: Kill off expansion
- Lois M. Collins: The 'death' of faith may be...
- A. Scott Anderson: We all must take steps to...