Eric Gay, AP
The election sent a message to the GOP but not the one that many people think. They do not need to stop being who they are. They need to soften the offensive rhetoric that sometimes permeates from those who pretend to lead the party.
No more comments about pregnancy and rape. Drop phrases like, "what part of illegal don't you understand?" Remove the word "amnesty" from the vocabulary and the platform.
Don't stop being who you are, just change how you say it. Focus on the problems and find solutions. Doing so will remove the talking points of the Democratic party and enlarge the GOP tent. Americans are sick of old and tired rhetoric. They want things fixed.
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- David Blankenhorn: Berlin boasts a wise use...
- Letter: Police not the problem
- Charles Krauthammer: Battle must be fought...
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...