Chris Carlson, AP
I hope I am not the only one confused with how the electoral votes were handed out last Tuesday. I was trying to keep track of which way certain states were voting, and I find it rather stupid that they just gave a candidate a state's votes when not even all of the precincts had reported in.
Some states that went one color looked like a solid win for the other party when I checked the individual precincts. Who decides which state goes to which candidate? This process needs to be adjusted. In my thinking, every precinct should report in and after all the votes have been accounted for, we can find out who the next president is the next day. All we would need is a little patience — It wouldn't kill anybody to wait.
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- In our opinion: Legislators need to better...
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- My view: Is the Division of Water Resources...
- My view: Get insurance out of health care
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Last year's Utah Compromise is a model in...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 55
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 47
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 34
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Trump and Sanders 22
- John Hoffmire: Electric cars and the... 20