Chris Carlson, AP
I hope I am not the only one confused with how the electoral votes were handed out last Tuesday. I was trying to keep track of which way certain states were voting, and I find it rather stupid that they just gave a candidate a state's votes when not even all of the precincts had reported in.
Some states that went one color looked like a solid win for the other party when I checked the individual precincts. Who decides which state goes to which candidate? This process needs to be adjusted. In my thinking, every precinct should report in and after all the votes have been accounted for, we can find out who the next president is the next day. All we would need is a little patience — It wouldn't kill anybody to wait.
- My view: UDOT listened, made a good choice
- Letters: Move to the center
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should keep up...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- In our opinion: Susan Cox Powell's case is...
- Timothy R. Clark: Real job creation requires...
- Letters: Disaster vs. disease
- Comprehensive immigration reform or bust
- Letters: No welfare, ever 73
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Letters: Move to the center 31
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 31
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 27
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 26
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21
- Letters: The buck stops here 18