Chris Carlson, AP
I hope I am not the only one confused with how the electoral votes were handed out last Tuesday. I was trying to keep track of which way certain states were voting, and I find it rather stupid that they just gave a candidate a state's votes when not even all of the precincts had reported in.
Some states that went one color looked like a solid win for the other party when I checked the individual precincts. Who decides which state goes to which candidate? This process needs to be adjusted. In my thinking, every precinct should report in and after all the votes have been accounted for, we can find out who the next president is the next day. All we would need is a little patience — It wouldn't kill anybody to wait.
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: EPA failed its protection...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- My view: European view of American soft power
- Letter: Stimulate the economy
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid with a...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 59
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 47
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 43
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 35
- Letter: Earning his votes 32
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 28