I think Mitt Romney was who this country needed in order to work with all parties and fix our horrible financial woes. I don't think he was packaged wrong. I believe what happened was that to get nominated, Romney had to go through the meat grinder that is the Republican primaries.
This ugly process left a scent of blood in the political waters, leading the sharks on the left to a feast. My suggestion is this: Groom the 2016 Republican candidate now. GOP leadership should find the right person right now, not later, and stick to him or her. No need for primary fights to give the other side fodder to work with. Let the Democrats have the blood bath this time around while the GOP rallies behind their chosen leader.
With that said, Marco Rubio for president in 2016.
New Haven, Conn.
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Anne Loeser: Reverse trends about breast cancer
- In our opinion: Dropouts face high risk of...
- My view: New treatment can cure Hepatitis C
- Letter: The Romneys' new center
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 150
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 69
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 53
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 38
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 29
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 28
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27