I think Mitt Romney was who this country needed in order to work with all parties and fix our horrible financial woes. I don't think he was packaged wrong. I believe what happened was that to get nominated, Romney had to go through the meat grinder that is the Republican primaries.
This ugly process left a scent of blood in the political waters, leading the sharks on the left to a feast. My suggestion is this: Groom the 2016 Republican candidate now. GOP leadership should find the right person right now, not later, and stick to him or her. No need for primary fights to give the other side fodder to work with. Let the Democrats have the blood bath this time around while the GOP rallies behind their chosen leader.
With that said, Marco Rubio for president in 2016.
New Haven, Conn.
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- My view: UDOT listened, made a good choice
- Letters: Move to the center
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should keep up...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- In our opinion: Utah's caucus system needs...
- In our opinion: Susan Cox Powell's case is...
- Timothy R. Clark: Real job creation requires...
- Letters: No welfare, ever 77
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Letters: Move to the center 33
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 28
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 27
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21
- Letters: The buck stops here 19