I think Mitt Romney was who this country needed in order to work with all parties and fix our horrible financial woes. I don't think he was packaged wrong. I believe what happened was that to get nominated, Romney had to go through the meat grinder that is the Republican primaries.
This ugly process left a scent of blood in the political waters, leading the sharks on the left to a feast. My suggestion is this: Groom the 2016 Republican candidate now. GOP leadership should find the right person right now, not later, and stick to him or her. No need for primary fights to give the other side fodder to work with. Let the Democrats have the blood bath this time around while the GOP rallies behind their chosen leader.
With that said, Marco Rubio for president in 2016.
New Haven, Conn.
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination stance...
- What one word best describes Barack Obama?
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal, Affordable...
- What The New York Times gets wrong about...
- 18 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- Michael Gerson: America has enough problems...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and children...
- Letter: Antelope Island prison
- What The New York Times gets wrong... 82
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal,... 71
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah... 50
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 42
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 38
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in... 37
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do... 37
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination... 28