I think Mitt Romney was who this country needed in order to work with all parties and fix our horrible financial woes. I don't think he was packaged wrong. I believe what happened was that to get nominated, Romney had to go through the meat grinder that is the Republican primaries.
This ugly process left a scent of blood in the political waters, leading the sharks on the left to a feast. My suggestion is this: Groom the 2016 Republican candidate now. GOP leadership should find the right person right now, not later, and stick to him or her. No need for primary fights to give the other side fodder to work with. Let the Democrats have the blood bath this time around while the GOP rallies behind their chosen leader.
With that said, Marco Rubio for president in 2016.
New Haven, Conn.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- In our opinion: Critics of porn resolution...
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Dan Liljenquist: Increasing police officer pay
- My view: The dangers of unilateral debt...
- In our opinion: National security and... 77
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 35
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19