I think Mitt Romney was who this country needed in order to work with all parties and fix our horrible financial woes. I don't think he was packaged wrong. I believe what happened was that to get nominated, Romney had to go through the meat grinder that is the Republican primaries.
This ugly process left a scent of blood in the political waters, leading the sharks on the left to a feast. My suggestion is this: Groom the 2016 Republican candidate now. GOP leadership should find the right person right now, not later, and stick to him or her. No need for primary fights to give the other side fodder to work with. Let the Democrats have the blood bath this time around while the GOP rallies behind their chosen leader.
With that said, Marco Rubio for president in 2016.
New Haven, Conn.
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local police...
- John Hoffmire: To feed the world, we must...
- Letter: Singles solution
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are...
- Letter: Protect public lands
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 96
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 45
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 42
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local... 29
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 26
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are... 21