Major League Soccer: Sounders' Burch suspended for language in RSL game
Brian Nicholson, Okespa
NEW YORK — MLS Commissioner Don Garber suspended Seattle Sounders defender Marc Burch for three games and fined him an undisclosed amount Saturday night for using unacceptable and offensive language toward an opponent Thursday night in a playoff game against Real Salt Lake.
Garber also ordered Burch to attend diversity and sensitivity training.
Burch will sit out the two-game Western Conference finals against the Los Angeles Galaxy.
If the Sounders advance to the MLS Cup, he will sit out the title game.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 82
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 24