Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
I hope the tea party is happy with the national election results. Their party of "no" got them the results they deserve. The economy is right where they want it to be because of their lack of being willing to compromise to help the middle class and poor of America.
Gov. Mitt Romney would have won in a breeze if he had stayed to his beliefs and not had to "kiss up" to the ultra right wing of the Republican Party to win his party's nomination. Where are the Ronald Reagan principles of compromise that worked so well in the past?
Sen. Bob Bennett was one of the best senators ever, but the tea party drove him out.
Already the leader of the house is blowing smoke and dancing to the strings held by the tea party. The Republican Party needs to include Latinos and other minorities and get rid of its tea-party mentality. The Republican Party is in big trouble.
Don C. Cunningham
- Doug Robinson: When money speaks louder than...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- Letter: Federal law violated
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Things are...
- My view: Religious freedom is a barometer for...
- Drew Clark: About-face by Apple Music shows...
- Letter: ‘Correct’ beliefs
- Letter: Religion in office
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- Letter: Religion in office 35
- Letter: ‘Correct’ beliefs 33
- Letter: Federal law violated 32
- Letter: Patriotism has not died 29
- Doug Robinson: When money speaks louder... 29
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 28
- My view: Everything you think you know... 22