Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
I hope the tea party is happy with the national election results. Their party of "no" got them the results they deserve. The economy is right where they want it to be because of their lack of being willing to compromise to help the middle class and poor of America.
Gov. Mitt Romney would have won in a breeze if he had stayed to his beliefs and not had to "kiss up" to the ultra right wing of the Republican Party to win his party's nomination. Where are the Ronald Reagan principles of compromise that worked so well in the past?
Sen. Bob Bennett was one of the best senators ever, but the tea party drove him out.
Already the leader of the house is blowing smoke and dancing to the strings held by the tea party. The Republican Party needs to include Latinos and other minorities and get rid of its tea-party mentality. The Republican Party is in big trouble.
Don C. Cunningham
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 64
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- My view: What message does Melania's... 36
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30