Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
I hope the tea party is happy with the national election results. Their party of "no" got them the results they deserve. The economy is right where they want it to be because of their lack of being willing to compromise to help the middle class and poor of America.
Gov. Mitt Romney would have won in a breeze if he had stayed to his beliefs and not had to "kiss up" to the ultra right wing of the Republican Party to win his party's nomination. Where are the Ronald Reagan principles of compromise that worked so well in the past?
Sen. Bob Bennett was one of the best senators ever, but the tea party drove him out.
Already the leader of the house is blowing smoke and dancing to the strings held by the tea party. The Republican Party needs to include Latinos and other minorities and get rid of its tea-party mentality. The Republican Party is in big trouble.
Don C. Cunningham
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Robert Bennett: Hamas and its financial...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Can Hollywood keep the faith in faith-based...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 105
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 72
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 50
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Breeding hate 44
- Letter: Policy disagreement 42
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 41