Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
I hope the tea party is happy with the national election results. Their party of "no" got them the results they deserve. The economy is right where they want it to be because of their lack of being willing to compromise to help the middle class and poor of America.
Gov. Mitt Romney would have won in a breeze if he had stayed to his beliefs and not had to "kiss up" to the ultra right wing of the Republican Party to win his party's nomination. Where are the Ronald Reagan principles of compromise that worked so well in the past?
Sen. Bob Bennett was one of the best senators ever, but the tea party drove him out.
Already the leader of the house is blowing smoke and dancing to the strings held by the tea party. The Republican Party needs to include Latinos and other minorities and get rid of its tea-party mentality. The Republican Party is in big trouble.
Don C. Cunningham
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA fool you...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: After change to state pension...
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- Letter: Methane benefits
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 71
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 60
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 44
- Letter: Human body 41
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 38
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 26
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25