Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
I hope the tea party is happy with the national election results. Their party of "no" got them the results they deserve. The economy is right where they want it to be because of their lack of being willing to compromise to help the middle class and poor of America.
Gov. Mitt Romney would have won in a breeze if he had stayed to his beliefs and not had to "kiss up" to the ultra right wing of the Republican Party to win his party's nomination. Where are the Ronald Reagan principles of compromise that worked so well in the past?
Sen. Bob Bennett was one of the best senators ever, but the tea party drove him out.
Already the leader of the house is blowing smoke and dancing to the strings held by the tea party. The Republican Party needs to include Latinos and other minorities and get rid of its tea-party mentality. The Republican Party is in big trouble.
Don C. Cunningham
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 58
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 49
- Letter: Doctors unite 38
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 20
- Letter: No limits 20
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 20
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 18