Was Election Day a sad day for America? Perhaps. But let's not be dragged down in pessimissim.
Let us be more vigilant and let us work from the inside out. Let us start by being a better people — more kind, more caring, more charitable. We must be more involved in our local community, ensuring that our elected officials at all levels of government are accountable to us, the electorate, and not the other way around. For some, that may mean running for city council, school board, county or state office.
Finally, we must all be engaged in a good cause, affecting change in a positive way.
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 65
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 46
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 40
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23