Was Election Day a sad day for America? Perhaps. But let's not be dragged down in pessimissim.
Let us be more vigilant and let us work from the inside out. Let us start by being a better people — more kind, more caring, more charitable. We must be more involved in our local community, ensuring that our elected officials at all levels of government are accountable to us, the electorate, and not the other way around. For some, that may mean running for city council, school board, county or state office.
Finally, we must all be engaged in a good cause, affecting change in a positive way.
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 58
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 29
- My view: What message does Melania's... 25