Was Election Day a sad day for America? Perhaps. But let's not be dragged down in pessimissim.
Let us be more vigilant and let us work from the inside out. Let us start by being a better people — more kind, more caring, more charitable. We must be more involved in our local community, ensuring that our elected officials at all levels of government are accountable to us, the electorate, and not the other way around. For some, that may mean running for city council, school board, county or state office.
Finally, we must all be engaged in a good cause, affecting change in a positive way.
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- In our opinion: Legislators need to better...
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- My view: Is the Division of Water Resources...
- My view: Get insurance out of health care
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Last year's Utah Compromise is a model in...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 55
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 47
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 34
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Trump and Sanders 22
- John Hoffmire: Electric cars and the... 20