SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah volleyball team outhit No. 8 USC, .289 to .264, on Friday, but could not avoid a four-set loss (22-25, 25-15, 16-25, 23-25) in a Pac-12 Conference match at Crimson Court.
Utah (12-16, 3-12 Pac-12) outhit its opponent for the 16th time this season, but fell to a 12-4 mark in that scenario this season.
Sophomore right-side hitter Shelby Dalton turned in a career high 12 kills on 26 swings without a single error for a .462 hitting percentage. This was her third match with 10 or more kills this season and the sixth of her career.
Two more Utes registered double-digits in kills as sophomore outside hitter Chelsey Schofield turned in her ninth double-double of 2012 and the 17th of her career with 12 kills and a team-high 18 digs. She has 19 matches with 10 or more kills this season and 11 matches with 10 or more digs this season and 26 for her career.
Morgan Odale fell just one dig shy of recording a double-double as well as she recorded 10 kills and had nine digs. She has 14 double-digit-kill efforts this season and 52 during her career.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34