SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah volleyball team outhit No. 8 USC, .289 to .264, on Friday, but could not avoid a four-set loss (22-25, 25-15, 16-25, 23-25) in a Pac-12 Conference match at Crimson Court.
Utah (12-16, 3-12 Pac-12) outhit its opponent for the 16th time this season, but fell to a 12-4 mark in that scenario this season.
Sophomore right-side hitter Shelby Dalton turned in a career high 12 kills on 26 swings without a single error for a .462 hitting percentage. This was her third match with 10 or more kills this season and the sixth of her career.
Two more Utes registered double-digits in kills as sophomore outside hitter Chelsey Schofield turned in her ninth double-double of 2012 and the 17th of her career with 12 kills and a team-high 18 digs. She has 19 matches with 10 or more kills this season and 11 matches with 10 or more digs this season and 26 for her career.
Morgan Odale fell just one dig shy of recording a double-double as well as she recorded 10 kills and had nine digs. She has 14 double-digit-kill efforts this season and 52 during her career.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15