High school football: Timpview's Jake Lloyd leads T-birds past East, into finals
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Timpview quarterback Jake Lloyd proved why hes one of the best players in the state.
Despite snowing conditions throughout Fridays 4A semifinal at Rice-Eccles Stadium, Lloyd completed 70 percent of his passes and threw four touchdowns to lead Timpview to the 32-14 victory over 4As top-ranked East.
Timpview trailed 14-13 at the half, but the T-Birds scored 19 unanswered points in the second half to pull off the impressive upset.
Lloyd finished 17 of 24 for 266 yards and four touchdowns, with Dax Raymond hauling in seven receptions for 101 yards and two TDs.
Timpview will face Mountain Crest next Friday in the 4A state championship at 6:30 p.m.
East couldnt get much going offensively, turning it over five times, including four fumbles. The Leopards only finished with 207 yards of total offense compared to 339 yards for Timpview.
- Discipline a focus of spring ball for BYU; 10...
- A tale of two Hills at quarterback for BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Credit BYU's Rose for...
- Jazz grind out impressive 93-82 win in Memphis
- After year layoff, BYU's Kurtz happy to be...
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting, Miami...
- Video: Former Utah Jazz draft pick Luther...
- Morning links: Calipari's subtle jab at Salt...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 110
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 83
- Discipline a focus of spring ball for... 68
- Holmoe assesses the state of the... 48
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU... 44
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 41
- Morning links: Is BYU now in the... 40
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at... 27