Henny Ray Abrams, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Hopefully the 2.4 percent decline in the stock market and the Dow Jones Industrial Average down 313 points was just a one-time adjustment for the election results and will not be a precursor to a whole series of them while the political process addresses this country's economic problems. To try to put the market's assessment of the election results into perspective, if you thought the $6 billion spent on elections was a waste, Wednesday's market decline was roughly equivalent to $900 billion.
- Natalie Gochnour: Contrasting religious practice
- Letter: Romancing the gun
- Michael Erickson: Stop America's later-term...
- George F. Will: Finding our place in the...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's new version of...
- Letter: Fall of America
- Letter: Congress surrendered
- In our opinion: Remembering German Unity Day