DH's playoff record (fifth appearance in five seasons): 6-4; semifinal record: 1-0.
Carl Franke's playoff record (first year): 2-0.
SF's playoff record (30th appearance in 93 seasons): 18-29; semifinal record: 0-6.
Kirk Chamber's playoff record (first year): 2-0.
Extra Point 1: A Desert Hills victory gives the Thunder a school-high nine wins, matching last year's total.
Extra Point 2: Spanish Fork has 20 wins since 2011, the most in SF history over two-years.
Juan Diego (12-0) vs. Dixie (9-2)
Series history: Tied 2-2.
Last meeting: Juan Diego silenced the Flyers 41-0 in a first-round game, Oct. 28, 2011.
Coach vs. coach: JD's John Colosimo is 1-0 vs. Dixie's Blaine Monkres.
Current winning streaks: Juan Diego 12, Dixie 2.
JD's last semifinal: 2010, defeated Judge Memorial 13-7 in overtime en route to winning its third straight 3A championship.
Dixie's last semifinal: 2009, fell to Springville 29-21. The Flyers last advanced past the semis when they won the 3A title in 1998.
Juan Diego's playoff record (12th appearance in 13 seasons, five state championships): 26-6; semifinal record: 6-0.
John Colosimo's playoff record (20th appearance in 24 seasons, 12th in 13 seasons at JD): 31-14, including 5-8 at Judge Memorial (1985-96) and 26-6 at Juan Diego (2000-12, five state titles). Semifinal record: 7-0, including 1-0 at JM and 6-5 at JD.
Dixie's playoff record (39th appearance in 68 seasons, six state championships): 50-32; semifinal record: 8-15.
Blaine Monkres' playoff record (19th appearance in 23 seasons, fourth at Dixie in five seasons): 24-17, including 5-2 at Morgan (1990-03, one state title), 14-12 at Fremont (1994-2007) and 5-3 at Dixie (2008-12). Semifinal record: 2-7, including 1-2 at Morgan, 1-4 at Fremont and 0-1 at Dixie.
Extra Point 1: Juan Diego tried to advance to its fourth championship game appearance in five years.
Extra Point 2: The Soaring Eagle have compiled a 61-4 record, best in the state, since 2008.
Extra Point 3: Dixie's nine season wins is the most for the Flyers since 1998.
Class 2A Championship
Manti (10-1) vs. San Juan (11-0) – Saturday, 11 a.m. at Pleasant Grove high School
Series history: San Juan leads 11-5.
Last meeting: Manti conquered the Broncos 26-13 in a 2A semifinal on Nov. 8, 2008.
Coach vs. coach: Manti's Cole Meacham is 2-1 vs. San Juan's Monty Lee.
Current winning streaks: San Juan 11, Manti 9.
Manti's last final: 2011, defeated Millard 27-9 for its third championship trophy.
San Juan's last final: 2010, trimmed South Summit 19-6 for its sixth state title.
Manti's playoff record (27th appearance in 45 seasons): 27-23; championship game record: 3-2.
Cole Meacham's playoff record (13th appearance in 13 seasons): 17-10; championship game record: 2-2.
San Juan's playoff record (38th appearance in 57 seasons): 54-31; championship game record: 6-6.
Monty Lee's playoff record (10th appearance in 10): 16-6; championship game record: 3-1.
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San Francisco...
- San Francisco coach apologizes for postgame...
- WCC Championship game tale of the tape, BYU...
- Ranking the best NBA players to ever come out...
- BYU basketball: Gonzaga builds early lead,...
- BYU football: Bronson Kaufusi excited about...
- BYU basketball: Tyler Haws passes Russell...
- BYU report card vs. San Francisco: Cougars...
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San... 85
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 74
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- San Francisco coach apologizes for... 46
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- BYU basketball: Gonzaga builds early... 33
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes eager to... 32
- Krystkowiak asks Runnin' Utes to stay... 24