BYU football: Cougars, Cavaliers agree to home-and-home series in 2013, 2014
PROVO — BYU and Virginia have agreed to a home-and-home series for 2013 and 2014.
The Cougars will open the 2013 football season in Charlottesville, Va., on Aug. 31. The Cavaliers will visit Provo on Sept. 20, 2014.
"I really like this series with Virginia," said BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe. "It's been more than a decade since we played at Virginia. It should be a great game for BYU fans in that part of the country and will provide a unique travel experience for both teams."
BYU and Virginia have met three times in football, with the Cavaliers owning a 2-1 lead. The last time the two teams met, in 2000, the Cougars won in overtime, 38-35, in LaVell Edwards' final season as head coach. BYU rallied from a 21-0 halftime deficit.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19